exhaust question

O

Omeara_darragh

Hi lads,

Quick question regarding exhausts. I have a 96 jdm STI Ver3 wagon which I'm planning on fitting an exhaust to. I have been offered a 2.5" decat centre section and magnex oval back box for handy enough money.

My question is:

Will 2.5" be enough for an STI as I know there is a fairly big bore on them as standard?

Will I have problems with the NCT if I take out the centre cat emmisions wise?

Will an exhaust from a saloon fit a wagon? I think they're the same but someone whos been there and done that could probably tell me.

I'm looking forward to getting a bit more rumble for my buck as its slightly lacking that beastly sound.

Finally will my dumpvalve from my 91 legacy turbo also fit my STI ? they look a similar setup only in a different place

Regards,

Darragh

Hey Darragh,
You will fail your NCT if cats are out, just keep your old one's
and re-fit before test.

Some of the Wagon drivers will be able to help ya with the rset.

Niall.

You should pass NCT with center cat removed no prob,i had no prob twice before...
Yeah as far as i know all the wagon and saloon exhausts are the same... :thumbsup:

Will 2.5" be enough for an STI as I know there is a fairly big bore on them as standard?

YES IT IS ENOUGH

YES FAIL ON EMISSIONS. REFIT CATTED DOWNPIPE BEFORE TEST.

Will an exhaust from a saloon fit a wagon? I think they're the same but someone whos been there and done that could probably tell me.

YES WILL FIT. EXACT SAME.

I'm looking forward to getting a bit more rumble for my buck as its slightly lacking that beastly sound.

YES GO FOR IT.

Finally will my dumpvalve from my 91 legacy turbo also fit my STI ? they look a similar setup only in a different place

NO WILL ONLY FIT V1 & 2

YES FAIL ON EMISSIONS. REFIT CATTED DOWNPIPE BEFORE TEST

dave have a read again its only the centre section NOT the down pipe ,it will pass or the lads in the nct place like the look of me and said "a go on on your alright with that one heres my no. what you doing saturday nite"cause they passed me with that exhaust on the car

ps not just you dave that cork langer aswell

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=2834.msg26921#msg26921 date=1183580660]
ps not just you dave that cork langer aswell
[/quote]

Roy Keane???? :ponder:

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=2834.msg26961#msg26961 date=1183632108]
Holy sh1t Dave legacy gave a wrong answer! im disillusioned now
[/quote]

Not wrong as i mentioned de0cat downpipe....... :D :D

just provided extra info for free......... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Johnny5
You leave [size=20pt] Roy[/size] out of this :shoot: :shoot:

Darragh: If your gonna take out the cat in center section your as well off to take out the cat
in the down pipe it is quiet restrictive .

Niall.

Back