E5 and Normal Fuel

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
Ok was too lazy to drive to the nearest Maxol Garage this week to fill up the car and noticed a massive difference in the fuel consumption. When using the E5 I was getting 450Km from a full tank and then filling up last week in the normal station ending up with 360Km to a full tank. This sound strange to anyone as it seems as if its running smoother on the normal petrol but using more?

Your ECU is adjusting to the better fuel and giving you more power, so will use more. That's my theory lol.

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=24382.msg289556#msg289556 date=1276718995]
Your ECU is adjusting to the better fuel and giving you more power, so will use more. That's my theory lol.
[/quote]

i dont get you??
would maxol E5 not be better fuel for more power compared to any other brand/fuel in Ireland?
as above he gets more from miles/kms using E5 than the normal fuel. :dontknow:

on another note,if i get 300kms on E5 its a bonus.my car is my daily driver 24/7 though! 450kms on E5 fair play............do you do a flinstone half of the week and then drive the next?? :thumbsup:

Sorry I miss read your post, thought you were getting the 450km on 95 :doh:

Haha yeah i drive easy, rarely boost her to be honest and use it as a daily driver. I thought the E5 would have been better alright but on econemy it seems to be but of power for some strange reason it isn't

as most of you know mine is a uk car (97).. been running it on straight 95.. started using E5.. took a few days for the ECU to adjust, but when it did.... it ran smoother even when in idle.. more repsonive but no power gain that i can feel.

Can back to 95 cos i wasnt near E5 and then you see the difference you see how well it just ran on E5 and then you say "where is the nearest E5 Station" :multijump:

You should get slightly more mpg out of 95ul that E5 because 95 ul has a higher calorific value. Its all there on Maxol's website.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=24382.msg289681#msg289681 date=1276793521]
You should get slightly more mpg out of 95ul that E5 because 95 ul has a higher calorific value. Its all there on Maxol's website.

Frawls
[/quote]

Original post says the opposite, he's getting better MPG from E5, I get better MPG from E5 too

i worked it out best i could.. i think im gettin between 45-60km extra per tank on the E5, but thats just normally driving - put the shoe down and it burns just as fast :multijump:

Yeah the E5 is better econemy but the normal fuel seems to run smoother. Filled the tank again the other day with E5 and started getting the 110KM per Quarter tank so seems a bit strange to me

Back