Vent Stock BOV to Atmosphere.

Jaak

Petrolheads
Could any one please help me with instructions on how to vent my standard BOV to the atmosphere?

It looks very complicated with all the pipes, so I don't want to bugger something up.
I have to wait a while before I can get a proper bov, as I just spend all my money on the new motor.

Subaru Legacy B4 TT, Year 2000.

Thanks.

didn't think you could alter stock BOV to make it vent to atmosphere. someone feel free to correct me on that :dontknow:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=24372.msg289438#msg289438 date=1276685334]
didn't think you could alter stock BOV to make it vent to atmosphere. someone feel free to correct me on that :dontknow:
[/quote]

no ur rite der dan you cant change it
and v5(99-00) wrx/sti bov will fit dude once it is bolt on

Pull the black (3/4" - 1") pipe off and block the end of the pipe tightly with some sort of plug ( this is to avoid any external air entering the system which hasn't been accounted for by the MAF)... Your stock BOV will now vent to atmosphere but because its a wider outlet, you won't get the ttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! that some people find so great... It will be much quieter... and also pointless imo, just like any of the bolt on BOV's...

pointless and probably going to cause more harm than good. The plumbing on the BE b4 is far more complicated than the STi or wrx. Leave it alone is my recommendation.

Thanks guys.
Just wondered if it is possible.

I will not go in this direction. I'll leave it as it is.
I will just have to save up for a proper bov.

Thanks for the comments!

Back