Knock and Vibration

B4_RSK

Petrolheads
As above, can hear a knocking noise, not all the time and only really when the car is coasting and decelerating, and can feel a vibration in the accelerator pedal. Seems to be coming from the drivers side front wheel, anyone any ideas?? :dontknow: I have had the wheel off,brakes off and have ruled them out and there's no lose bolts or nuts :ponder2:

Dave 571 had that in his K Sports. I think it was something to do with the brakes not been balanced. When he gets back from his honey moon i'll try find out more. But his was defo the brakes. Same simtumes. He did get it fixed. Think he had to bleed the brakes a few times. Dave legacey sorted it if I can remember. Might be worth a PM.

Cheers lads, come to think of it robbie and myself had problems with changing the brake line on that side of the car so we left it as standard, must be down to that i suppose, just needed a second opinion :lol:

Ok changed the brake line, bleed it a few times and am still getting the same problem. Its not the bearing, jacked up the car and theres no play in the wheel, anyone else have any idea? :ponder2:

Its not that bad, its more of a knocking/clunking sound, just gets annoying after a while. Theres no vibration in the steering wheel either :ponder2:

Just for the craic,
Swap the front and back wheel!
Are the CV boots (the rubber bit) still intact?
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24357.msg290899#msg290899 date=1277235640]
Just for the craic,
Swap the front and back wheel!
Are the CV boots (the rubber bit) still intact?
Dan
[/quote]

I'll give it a shot, and yeah the cv boots are intact, no rips or tears

Back