help sought

gretts

Petrolheads
ok, i have a 1998 seat inca 1.9d,

now for about two yrs never had a spot of trouble with it till last week it died,
my mate came to conclusion it was a fueling problem so changed fuel filter checked all fuel lines there is fuel going to the injector pump,
opened the injectors and no fuel was been pumped out so thought pump knackered,bought a second hand injector pump
fitted it and same thing opened the injectors no fuel was been pumped,

so we thought a bogey injector pump, off with that pump and took the one out of my mate's van which is working fine, 2nd pump to try,
and same outcome no fuel been pumped through pump so that rules out the pump been the problem, also checked all wire's going to the pump for power all had power, ran direct from battery just to be certain there was power going to the pump and still no diesel coming out of the pump and each time of trying we filled the pump with diesel manually to make sure there was some in it, so after three mechanic friends looking at it one diesel mechanic and one week later there all stumped by whats wrong with it have an auto electrician coming to have a look monday evening is there something that were missing ?

anyone any ideas ? :dontknow:

immobiliser problem or fuse/relay problem i would guess mate.........

try hooking the pump directly to another power source and rule out switches etc

hope it helps

immobilizer problem - heard of this before same issue as you having but everything situation can be different... let us know how u get on with the auto electrician.

have you any power in the van when you turn the key in the ignition? I used to work for a seat dealership and the main fuse used to go in the diesel seats for some reason. The glow plugs used to go also

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=24300.msg288640#msg288640 date=1276386714]
immobiliser problem or fuse/relay problem i would guess mate.........

try hooking the pump directly to another power source and rule out switches etc

hope it helps
[/quote]

did that hammie :thumbsup:

@ phil, checked for blockages none :thumbsup:

@ kbox, power at the ignition and glow plugs are fine

possibly is some sort of immobiliser prob will know more on monday when auto elec/alarm tech. calls

UPDATE !!

right auto elec. couldn't figure it out either after two hrs of rooting and poking around :dontknow:

so i'm breaking it n buying another...........

(piece of sh*t) :angry1:

Back