Squeak is back

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
so noticed this morning my clutch has started squeaking again, when i press the clutch in it squeaks a bit, im hoping this time its more the clutch pedal than something in the clutch. Any easy fix for this? Lube the release bearing maybe?

hard to get lube down at the release bearing as ya know man, If i get the chance over the weekend i'll drop up for a listen :thumbsup:

i know its probbly obvious dan, but had the same on my yoke when i got it. turned out a spray of WD40 on the joints of the clutch pedal and all round behind it actually sorted it out
Hopefully something simple

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=24236.msg288207#msg288207 date=1276247488]
i know its probbly obvious dan, but had the same on my yoke when i got it. turned out a spray of WD40 on the joints of the clutch pedal and all round behind it actually sorted it out
[/quote]

Exact same here, had a squeaky clutch in my old 1.6. I sprayed some WD 40 on it and problem solved. Try the easiest possible fix first, it might save a lot of effort.

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=24236.msg288207#msg288207 date=1276247488]
[/quote]

Ye i was thinking that, hopefully it the pedal linkage side of things. Will try it out later when i get the car back. Where can u get that gt85 phil?

halfords do it Dan, its about €2.50 a can :thumbsup:

I've loads there if you need some

Back