HELP.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks driving home yesterday doing about 140kph and I got a sound like a flat tyre or like I was driving on a rumble strip it felt like something let go (broke) I let of speed and the noise vibration stopped so I pulled over and popped the bonnet there was a slight smell of burning and some smoke from the belt oppisite the rad on the right as u look down and a small amount of water under the big hose underneath that belt I sat for a while and then drove to the mechanic and left the car there I had no warning lights and the car did not overheat any ideas many thanks John L. :thumbsup:

Maybe it was the belt for the air con? :ponder: if you didn't hear a god awful screech and crunching noise then i think your timing belt is ok plus your were still able to drive with no problems so my money is as i said on the air con belt :thumbsup:

did you get it sorted? should have 2 belts on front between engine and rad, have a look at them, maybe belt came off pulley?

Yes I have my guy looking at it now he did say air con belt also and while he was there he was checking around the car and it seems that my front tyres are wearing in a fifty pence patern pn the inside and he thinks it may be making extra road noise I only have them on about 9 months any ideas thanks.

cheap tyres? i had cheap ones on my 1.6 last year, road noise was crazy! i thought there was something wrong with the car, then but BFgoodrich on and most of the noise went away.

I have BFGoodrich on the new car road noise is low.. well with 40's on R18's its the best its gonna be :roll:

[quote author=John L. link=topic=24233.msg287992#msg287992 date=1276169195]
Yes I have my guy looking at it now he did say air con belt also and while he was there he was checking around the car and it seems that my front tyres are wearing in a fifty pence patern pn the inside and he thinks it may be making extra road noise I only have them on about 9 months any ideas thanks.
[/quote]

need to get the alignment done on the car, if you havent got it done, also if the lower wishbone bushings are worn this will cause the alignment to be thrown out too creating uneven wear on tyres

Hey John How are you ????

............well i suppose if you weren't flying around with all those girlies
, travelling side-ways through Macroom and lifting all four wheels on
the road to Milstreet ....................im sure your tyres would look & sound better :subaru:

:multijump: :multijump:

Niall.

Back