fitting gauges

CARLO

Am looking at fitting gauge pod with below gauges.

oil temp
oil pressure
volt meter

Are they easy to fit or will proffesional help be required :doh:

:smokin:

sorry to hijak your thread, has anyone any ideas for a classic without the centre storage bin??

Door pillar pods maybe :ponder:

e40f975a.jpg

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=2805.msg26494#msg26494 date=1183301058]
Easy enough...get your self a sandwich plate for the oil temp oil pressure... :thumbsup:
[/quote]
what is a sandwich plate?

Its a gadget that goes between your oil filter and the block,you can then fit your sensors into the holes it has to get the oil temp,pressure.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1236.jpg
    1236.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 84
do you have to fit this plate, cos i just bought oil pressure and oil temp and boost, was hoping to get them fitted on fri, how much would someone charge if i took them to get them fitted?

Normal method for fitting oil pressure gauges to scoobys it to buy a tee piece , fit it in where the std oil pressure switch goes ( behind the alternator ) , screw the std oil pressure switch into 1 side of the tee & the sender for the oil pressure gauge goes into the other site .

There's not a lot of room in there & if the sender is too big you can buy extension hoses to relocate it . A sandwich plate is an alternative but more costly solution . You could try this guy for sandwich plates - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Matt-Lewis-Racing_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm

He doesn't list the right type in his ebay shop but that's only a fraction of what he supplies . I've bought a few bits off him for the rally car that weren't listed but he supplied them no problem . Try e-mailing him to ask .

Fitting the plate will give you less accurate gauge readings.....
why??????????i have the exact readings as specified by subaru for oil temp,oil pressure...so have to disagree...personel opion :ponder:

[quote author=Omeara_darragh link=topic=2805.msg26869#msg26869 date=1183563331]
sorry to hijak your thread, has anyone any ideas for a classic without the centre storage bin??
[/quote]

Seen a scooby one time in an old redline mag that was class, some lad called arnout from france. he had a purple one with a cream interior and huge wide arch kit. but what he did was as iff the pocket was open, put a screen there and mould it into the dash, it looked absolutely mint, might be a bit pricey but was the bogs dollox!

Back