Jap Limiter

r_mehigan

Middle Lane Hogs
Well lads i got a '00 jap import bug eye (some of you might have seen it in waterford) anyway i found out last night it still has the speed limiter (which was fun finding out :headbanger: )  the car has been in the country for over a year just wondering is the limiter usually taken out when its remapped for our shitty fuel or what, and if anyone knows how to get it taken out

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2804.msg26482#msg26482 date=1183294761]
If the car gets mapped the limiter will be gone  :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Damo is this deffo the case? You know mine was mapped by Andy when Deco had it but the limiter is still there, was gonna ask myself how to get it removed.

Definite  :thumbsup:
unless Deco didn't want it removed or Andy forgot :ponder: :ponder:
Anyway there's a little electronic device you can buy that will do the trcik,
im sure Renno will have all the info

Niall.

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=2804.msg26562#msg26562 date=1183360452]
[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2804.msg26482#msg26482 date=1183294761]
If the car gets mapped the limiter will be gone  :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Damo is this deffo the case? You know mine was mapped by Andy when Deco had it but the limiter is still there, was gonna ask myself how to get it removed.
[/quote]

Just ask Deco if Andy said anything to him about it. I can get Andy to check his Data logs or if you want I can get it takin off next time a mapper is over. Whats it limited to ?

Damo

Cheers Damo, have sent Deco a text to find out from him. Not quite sure what its limited to coz it goes off the clocks, judging by how far it goes after the 180kph I would reckon it hits the limiter around 200kph (on a track of course ;))

I thought the Jap cars where limited to around 150kph No :ponder: ??????

Cheers Dave, Brian Id say what Andy did was increase the limiter rather then taking it off so.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2804.msg26582#msg26582 date=1183372472]
no all jap cars are limited to 180kmph
[/quote]

I thought that alright, still waiting on a text back from Deco. Cheers lads.
If thats the case Damo how much would it cost to have this changed on the map?

Shouldent cost anything. Ill see if he can do it without taking the car out. The problem is the time on the next mapping weekend but ill sort something.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2804.msg26587#msg26587 date=1183374926]
Shouldent cost anything. Ill see if he can do it without taking the car out. The problem is the time on the next mapping weekend but ill sort something.
[/quote]

Cheers for that Damo.

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=2804.msg26586#msg26586 date=1183374575]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2804.msg26582#msg26582 date=1183372472]
no all jap cars are limited to 180kmph
[/quote]

I thought that alright, still waiting on a text back from Deco. Cheers lads.
If thats the case Damo how much would it cost to have this changed on the map?
[/quote]

could be that your speedo looks like its reading 190 or a bit higer but your limit is set by the ecu which is accurate..you notice this when you fit an apexi rsm your speed could be reading 170 but the rsm which is connected to the ecu will have 160 or so...speedo clocks are never accurate in any car.. the higher the speed the morei n accurate they get sometimes as much as 10% which would have you out by 18 kmph at 180....theRSM is not completely accurate...probably the most accurate way of gauging your speed is using a good quailty sat nav which uses gprs to calculate it

Cheers Dagnut, might be the case alright. There are 18inch wheels on the car now, would this not leave the reading under rather than over, ie speedo reads at 180kph but actually travelling at 190kph (my only reasoning for this is larger wheels so less revolutions of same?) Or am I way off the mark here?
Luckily my dad only got a Tomtom One at the weekend, will see can I set up to record the speed.

i don't no there was a track day coming up so soon :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=kiwi link=topic=2804.msg26613#msg26613 date=1183394842]
i don't no there was a track day coming up so soon :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Kiwi, you know us Scooby boys are loaded, look how much we spend on our cars, I have my own track :D

sound u should be inviting as round to ur track for track days the hole time :headbanger :lol: :lol:

Back