Back Again

mike

Petrolheads
Hello from a new old member

After being absent for a few years i decided to join again in october 06 without a scooby! but went to cardiff last tuesday and bought
a 99 type r version 5 in blue. Very happy with it so far but looking to get it mapped to irish fuel. I know it was mapped in wales by andy forrest.
It has an apexi fc power commander which i am afraid to touch and induction kit by RCM.
When will the next mapping day be and what precautions should i be taking until then?
Still only have basic knowledge of subarus so hoping to see you all soon.
Any members from the tuam/galway area?

Mike

welcome back i bet it changed abit round here since u were last posting :subaru:

Hey Mike
Welcome back :thumbsup:

Do you know what fuel the car was mapped for in the UK ???
It probarly was 98Ron ......or maybe 98RON + Octane Booster knowing AndyF :D

Anyway you may not need a re-map ASAP your ECU should be able to retard
to our shitty fuel espeically if you use Octane booster (NF or LUCAS) don't bother with
the rest.
For best performance a new map would be the way to go but in the mean time fit a knock link
aprox €150 and see if your engine is suffering from any pre-det.

Niall.

welcome mike

pics of the car please.sounds impressive :thumbsup:

hey Mike. I'm from galway and am gettin my scoob mapped by Pat Herborn and street performance in september. he's also fitting a power fc for me. are they worth it

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=2803.msg32665#msg32665 date=1187469150]
hey Mike. I'm from galway and am gettin my scoob mapped by Pat Herborn and street performance in september. he's also fitting a power fc for me. are they worth it
[/quote]
they seem to be a popular kit with the lads here, mine was in the car when i bought it and i'm afraid to touch it. best of luck with the mapping, you can show me how to work it then

Back