sti clocks

probably because they would never see the needle there :D and it kinda promotes speeding doesn't it :D imagine the ad, delimit your car to see the needle get as far as here! :D

I bought a set through RCM in the UK. A bit expensive at £457.72 Stg including delivery etc.  :angry:
September06001.jpg

Anyway I fitted them yesterday.  I might as well document what I did for you as you might find it useful  :?
First job was to unscrew the existing surround and pop the existing clock module out:
Oct07swappingspeedo005.jpg

The replacement clocks were quite simple to install. The various fittings on the clock module clip out and then you simply unscrew all the screws at the back of the tach and speedometer pop out the 180 clock and replace with the 280KMPH item.  Fitting is the reverse of all the previous steps.  Don't forget to put all the screws back in as they force the contact between the wiring matrix and the back of the clocks.  :wall:  A picture tells a thousand words:
Oct07swappingspeedo013.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo019.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo014.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo012.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo017.jpg

My car had a MPH convertor.  This was the pulse type and I found it nestled neatly in the bulkhead behind the dash:
Oct07swappingspeedo003.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo024.jpg

I simply snipped the power feed and intercepted pulse signal.  Rejoined the wires and we were back to KMPH!  :thumbsup:
Oct07swappingspeedo027.jpg

At this point just plug the clocks back in and refit the dash surround etc:
Oct07swappingspeedo030.jpg

Oct07swappingspeedo034.jpg

.. job done :cheers: and now I have the lowest mileage 22B on the planet! :lol:

PS I noticed a few empty bulb holders at the section below the fuel and temp gauges.  I plan on using them for a discrete Knocklink setup  :smokin:

a BIT expensive :D eff me they are dear :thumbsup:

and the original steerin wheel on the two two b :worship: :D

:thumbsup:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=2789.msg40705#msg40705 date=1192007548]
and the original steerin wheel on the two two b  :worship:  :D

:thumbsup:
[/quote]

the original is a nardi one same as V3 STi ones.... :thumbsup:

[quote author=huzzy link=topic=2789.msg27012#msg27012 date=1183666444]
Anyone have any luck finding me some clocks :pray:

[/quote]

Second hand id say no chance but getting them new isent a problem. I got a set before I think.

Do ya really need them though?

Once you hit the 180km/hr on the normal clocks you know you're tipping along nicely and won't really have the time to look at the clocks.
You can check then on your Apexi hand unit what your top end speed was (if you have one).

Seems like a lot of money for something that is not exactly going to benefit you in a big way.

Back