Timing belt bits

gtpeadar

Petrolheads
Howdy,

First off, i'm pretty sure the front crank seal is gone on the leggy, so am i correct in thinkin i should get the timing belt done at the same time?

I want to order all the parts myself and just pay for the labour when i'm getting it done so what exactly do i need? The timing belt itself obviously but then what about tensioners and pulleys. Is it wise to do everything? Everything was done at 118,00 kms and its now at 192,000 kms.

Thanks

Peadar :thumbsup:

when you say everything was done, what do you mean?

belt
tensioner
pulleys
oil pump
water pump

i would inspect the tensioner and pullys and buy belt and water pump

water pumps dont really give hasel but for your milage and if your going to keep the car , i would.

and dont forget your front crank shaft oil seal

Peadar as johnny say's ur better off getting the belt done and look at the pulley's to, got mine all done when i got the crankshaft oil seal done may aswell kill 2 birds with 1 stone. If your looking for somebody to the job give mate of mine is a subaru mechanic and he'll sort ya out. Best of look. :thumbsup:

Cheers Alan. Where is he based? I'm in Galway but travelling wouldn't bother me if he can save me a few quid. Only thing is how long it would take. If it was a few hours i'd have no problem hangin around but if he needs it overnight it could be an issue.

Could you pm me your number and i'll give you a shout about it anyways. A burst rad and now this crank seal thing keep putting a stop to my membership renewel and my ability to pm. :sad:

Thanx

if your sure all pulleys and tensioner was replaced last time then as above.

be only timing belt. And inspection of pulleys and tensionser. A pulley or two may need replaced. We can do it for you same day and if car available to lend out then welcome to take and do bit shopping etc etc.

Thanx dave,

Thanx aswell for sortin me out with the exhaust section. Just back from the nct and all passed bar the oil leak and a split cv boot.

Back