Need help with defi boost gauge

kbox

Octane Boostaholics
A defi boost gauge and some sort of controller came with my car. No idea how to use it. Anyway the needle on the boost gauge sits at -0.6 and jumps up and down to 0.0 and back down again. Its seems to rise to 1.2 when driving with that being the max. Any advice or ideas?

Think my cars the same re 1.2 boost not sure about the jumping between .06 - 00

Better off leaving the controller alone never go near mine and thinking of hiding as never used.
Controller can be used to link up various gauges.

9have 3 on mine)

Would imaging someone will be along later to explain in full

:smokin:

no need to hide defi as only a monitoring gauge. Controller lets you record i think 3 minutes of activity and playback if needed. Also lets you set peak warning light as in for boost spike etc..

Drop into me and give me look at your new motor and i'll guide you through..

DAVE

[quote author=kbox link=topic=24056.msg286147#msg286147 date=1275505008]
A defi boost gauge and some sort of controller came with my car. No idea how to use it. Anyway the needle on the boost gauge sits at -0.6 and jumps up and down to 0.0 and back down again. Its seems to rise to 1.2 when driving with that being the max. Any advice or ideas?
[/quote]

If by the above statement you mean, that if you are off the throttle, the gauge sits at -0.6
When you are on part throttle she goes to around 0.0
and when on more throttle or full thottle over around 2500rpm, she rises up to a max of 1.2??
Then that is absolutely normal!

When off throttle, the engine is sucking against the turbo, hence creating a vacuum in the inlet manifold,
When on throtte the turbo pushes againt the engine creating pressure (boost) measured in "Bar"
If for some reason boost exceeds 1.2 at any point, that is dangerous, and if she doesn't make 1.2 at all then there may be a problem also!

Hope this helps man!
Are you based around Naas??
Dan

@ Dave I.ll pop into u next fri if thats ok. Its the only day i'm off over the next week.

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24056.msg286678#msg286678 date=1275654660]
[quote author=kbox link=topic=24056.msg286147#msg286147 date=1275505008]
[/quote]

If by the above statement you mean, that if you are off the throttle, the gauge sits at -0.6
When you are on part throttle she goes to around 0.0
and when on more throttle or full thottle over around 2500rpm, she rises up to a max of 1.2??
Then that is absolutely normal!

When off throttle, the engine is sucking against the turbo, hence creating a vacuum in the inlet manifold,
When on throtte the turbo pushes againt the engine creating pressure (boost) measured in "Bar"
If for some reason boost exceeds 1.2 at any point, that is dangerous, and if she doesn't make 1.2 at all then there may be a problem also!

Hope this helps man!
Are you based around Naas??
Dan
[/quote]

@ dan , same car as myself , but i got her tweaked to 1.4 bar . only dangerous if something in the way :whistle:

@ kbox , im sure dave can explain it all , but if you wanted to compare gimme another shout , no probs :thumbsup:

G'man mac mac!
Oh, forgot to mention!
The controller that you mentioned is how the Defi gauges work! just leave her be!
Dan

Back