power drop on b4

marx

Sunday Drivers
need some help cant figure out why the power is droping when im driving my b4 i have a boost guage fitted and when the boost goes to about 1.1bar it drops down to 0.5bar and goes up again and it does this a couple of times when i have the boot down checked for faults and noting no engine light on or flashing checked all the vacuum pipes and doesnt seem to be any holes or slits could it be like a boost press sensor or somting like that out of interest what should it be boosting thanks for reading

Boost drop is normal on the twin turbo B4. It occurs on the change over from Primary to Secondary turbo. Its called the VOD (Valley Of Death) amongst the B4 owners.

You can get a remap which will help to decrease the amount of boost drop but you will always have some amount of boost drop.

This happens at about 3000rpm and when it goes to 0.5 bar it stays there for a while i know about the change over that usaly happens at around 4000rpm or so dosent it

Is the car mapped? If not, then it shouldn't be pulling 1.1bar at 3,000rpm... Might be overboosting, and/or going into limp mode... Defo a problem though. When you say it stays at 0.5 for a while, and then goes back up again, when does it go back up? and what does it boost back up to?

it goes back up around after 30 secs or sometimes more or just after 3000rpm and sometimes it goes up and down when it goes back up it goes to 1.1 its realy noticable in the mornings i always leave it warm up but when i take off its like no power but the ting is when it goes in the big turbo its grand most of the time its not remaped im running octain booster in it all the time you think it needs a remap how much does that cost and who do you recomend im from cork so is there anyone around cork that does remaps

sounds like solinoid possibily.. Although on a forum very hard to say...

Issue above needs to be resolved before any remap as i would think not an ecu issue..

DAVE

As Dave said maybe a sticking solonoid

I'll have a look for you as i've had something similar happen in my B4, whereabouts are you living?

Could you have a look that would be very helpful i live in co. cork do you know macroom area

Looks like a road trip for me :lol:

But yeah sure feck it i'll take a spin down and have a look for you :thumbsup: I don't know the area but sure i have sat nav in the car so just give me the address and (hopefully) she'll guide me there :lol:

Where are you from i could meet you at some place if you want give me a txt and wel sort out somting 0863055688

I'm up in Dublin but could meet you halfway if that suits? won'tbe able to come down till next thursday, have exams to study for on wednesday :thumbsup:

Thats grand i wont be able to do anything till next week doing exams aswell out of interest where is the boost sensor located

Back