Loud Turbo

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Lads a strange one and im not too sure what to make of it :dontknow: :dontknow:

3 Days ago i noticed the sound from my turbo increased about 5 fold , it's not making any funny noises,
no crunching , winning , nothing like that , basically it's the exact same suction sound it always made
just alot louder.

It's as if, there was a silencer on it and now it's removed ?????

It's still boosting to 1.3 BAR and the KNOCK level hasn't changed.

The only difference is i've just started using E5.....................not that i can see that having an effect :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

NIall :dontknow:

It's from Cork boy, what do you expect. Only joking, did you check to see if there us any split hoses or did you change a panel filter (if you have one) and the casing is not locked home properly? Just a thought v

Could be a hairline crack inside the turbo. Had same symptoms on my old GT Starlet. Took the turbo off and there was a hairline crack near the internal wastegate.

Assuming you are still getting 1.3 bar then you could rule out split pipes I presume.

Thanks Lads , i couldn't see any cracks or holes in the pipes but
what i have been told is to see will she hold the 1.3bar and not just reach it

............ie. dose it reach 1.3bar but then drop off ????

Niall.

Even if it droops off a bit after a peak of 1.3 it shouldn't drop to any less than 1.15 I would say

...........looks like it could be the boost solenoid ,
it didn't just reach 1.3bar, it went as far as 1.5bar :shock2: :shock2: and then the over boost kicked in . :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

i have it over with Adam Hussey , so i'll know more in a few days .

Niall.

Hope it works out cheap and easy for you man!
Dan

:wall: :wall:

I know but i had her booked in with Adam for a service and the calipers where sticking
so there was a few €€€€'s been spent , hopefully it's just a boost solenoid or cracked pipe
and wont cost too much more :wazzup:

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=24037.msg288287#msg288287 date=1276259506]
Crack in hose from Turbo to Waste gate :thumbsup:

Sorted !!

Niall.
[/quote]

oooooooh I was spot on with my diagnosis :dance:

Back