98-00 B4 RSK midpipe

legacyb4rsk

Sunday Drivers
Silly request, but wondering if anyone out there can snap a undercar pic of the midpipe, the one right after the catback.

Thanks

You mean the centre section between the downpipes and the backbox i assume? I have mine in the garage off the car, I'll snap a pic in a while and post it up for ya :thumbsup:

Hey,

I just swapped mine last nite coz the cat was blown so heres it out on the ground

IMG_0134.jpg

and here's the end that meets the back box. It narrows down a wee bit before the flange. I was considering a hayward and scott straight through pipe but sweetcakes informed me that the first of the BH/BE leggys have the narrowing thing so a H and S pipe wont match up with the back box.
Hope it helps

IMG_0135.jpg

Good man Peadar, was just gonna upload the pic myself but you got there before me, only got a chance to take after getting home from work... :thumbsup:

Peader - If you go for a decat centre pipe from H&S then you have 2 options, 1. get a standard replacement decat pipe which will bolt straight on a standard replacement or 2. get a straight through section which gets rid of the narrowing... If you get the straight through then you need a straight through backbox also to match up to it.. :thumbsup:

Ah i see...

I didnt realise there was a difference. I thought the one from hayward and scott was based on later model leggys that didnt have the narrowing bit. So if i ring them i can explain mine and get that pipe without the cat and resonator?

Although dont think its in the budget for the time being.

Thanks dude :thumbsup:

Sorry for the hijack legacyb4rsk

Thanks guys, looks different from mine. I'm in Canada and the guys doing my turbo swap are using my original non turbo midpipe since it mates perfectly with the B4 RSK cat back I imported.

Thanks again.

What turbo swap are ya doing mate?

[quote author=gtpeadar link=topic=24016.msg286228#msg286228 date=1275514474]
I didnt realise there was a difference. I thought the one from hayward and scott was based on later model leggys that didnt have the narrowing bit. So if i ring them i can explain mine and get that pipe without the cat and resonator?
[/quote]

If you just ask for a standard replacement decat when you are ready, then you will get a decat pipe with the narrowing to mate p with your original backbox :thumbsup: ... Think Mark (B4-RSK) is after getting one to fit his car too :thumbsup:

I have a 2001 USDM Legacy GT that I've dressed up to look like a B4 RSK and I'm getting an 06 WRX engine swapped in as well as my auto converted to 5 speed. Here are some pics

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

PIC20.jpg

I even went as far as to import factory tinted glass and the rear wiper.

Cheers

Going single turbo then with the WRX engine?

You certainly seem dedicated anyway, love the colour and it looks seriously clean :thumbsup:

Keep us updated on the progress of the swap over :thumbsup:

Single turbo it is. It's a bigger one and am using an '08 STI TMIC. It is being tuned for 94 Octane and should give me 280HP at the wheels. Will post once it's done which should be sometime this month.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24016.msg286308#msg286308 date=1275551377]
If you just ask for a standard replacement decat when you are ready, then you will get a decat pipe with the narrowing to mate p with your original backbox :thumbsup: ... Think Mark (B4-RSK) is after getting one to fit his car too :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yes i did and my god the sound is only gorgeous, where's that drool icon???? :lol: :lol:

@legacyb4rsk bout time you got some pics of that legacy up, very clean motor mate, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

[quote author=legacyb4rsk link=topic=24016.msg286375#msg286375 date=1275572440]
Single turbo it is. It's a bigger one and am using an '08 STI TMIC. It is being tuned for 94 Octane and should give me 280HP at the wheels. Will post once it's done which should be sometime this month
[/quote]

280HP at the wheels on 94octane? Jesus, that'll be good :thumbsup: ... What turbo are you using? You should think about joining up as an overseas member for €10 for the year and start a project thread in the members section :smile:

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=24016.msg286393#msg286393 date=1275577691]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24016.msg286308#msg286308 date=1275551377]
[/quote]

Yes i did and my god the sound is only gorgeous, where's that drool icon???? :lol: :lol:

@legacyb4rsk bout time you got some pics of that legacy up, very clean motor mate, keep up the good work :thumbsup:
[/quote]

What sort of back box have you with the decat centre? I have an apexi back box of some sort (dont know exactly, was on the car when i got it) with a 4.5" exit and i'm wondering will it be mental loud with the decat. The way it is at the moment there's that subaru rumble but something a little deeper might not upset me :icon_grin: I'm sure it wont be as loud as it has been the last 6 weeks driving around with the centre pipe in bits!!

@legacyb4rsk: the car looks the business. well done. did the front splitter come on the usdm legacy or did you get one?

@B4_RSK--> Thanks Mark, nice to hear from you, hope all is well.

@Sweetcakes--> VF30. Sounds like a good idea, I think I will join, I have some pics of my swap in progress.

@gtpeadar--> The USDM Legacies don't have anything like that, the splitter is JDM Subaru. Here's how the front of my car looked like as per stock USDM. UGLY!!!! What a difference. And luckily for me in 2004-2005 they made the Baja Turbo and it's hood is a direct bolt on.

usdm.jpg

PIC21.jpg

What sort of back box have you with the decat centre? I have an apexi back box of some sort (dont know exactly, was on the car when i got it) with a 4.5" exit and i'm wondering will it be mental loud with the decat. The way it is at the moment there's that subaru rumble but something a little deeper might not upset me :icon_grin: I'm sure it wont be as loud as it has been the last 6 weeks driving around with the centre pipe in bits!!

[/quote]

I've a decat dowpipe too mate :icon_grin: but the backbox is a Blitz Nur Spec R, if you want to have a listen I'll pop over to you and you can see what you think :thumbsup:

Super transformation mate, god that usdm bumper is mank..

You should think about de-tangoing the indicators (geting rid of the orange)... Chrome bulbs off ebay as they still flash orange and get some smoked side repeaters... The side repeaters are the exact same as the newage impreza's so you should have no problem finding them :thumbsup:

Back