Spoiler question. New age flat spoiler to STi high spoiler.

E

ericsti

I'm looking into fitting an STi spoiler to the RX and as I've never had to go from the flat spoiler to the high STi one before I have a question about mounting holes.

Are they a direct swap or do you have to drill a few new holes?

I have one sorced in WR blue and all thanks to Froggy. Hope to get it in the next few weeks once I have the funds raised. :thumbsup:

[quote author=ericRX link=topic=23954.msg285047#msg285047 date=1275162406]
I'm looking into fitting an STi spoiler to the RX and as I've never had to go from the flat spoiler to the high STi one before I have a question about mounting holes.

Are they a direct swap or do you have to drill a few new holes?

I have one sorced in WR blue and all thanks to Froggy. Hope to get it in the next few weeks once I have the funds raised. :thumbsup:

[/quote]If you have the holes already there then it is easy,you have two covers on the top of the spoiler which are secured with a 13 mm nut. If you then look at the back of the spoiler you have 2 more covers ,take these off and you will find 2 more nuts.

If you are fitting the spiler that has not got the holes predrilled,then maybe worth using an adhesive fastener,which is just as strong and secure when it sets.

Back