Legacy Ipod options

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So for any of you lads with standard Kenwood factory headunit and always wanted to connect an ipod/mp3 player to factory headunit, i can across a few options recently for this.

so if your headunit is any of the following:

GX-201, GX-202JE, GX-203JE, GX-204JH, Macintosh PH-40621, Macintosh PF-41131

this device will work by plugging into the cd changer port on the back of your headunit, and will let you play Ipod as if its a cd changer( Ipod control remains on Ipod)

[url]http://electric-design.com/FSL-01.html.[/url]

or a much more universal option i found today and will probably cover all Subaru owners:

http://www.radio-waves.co.nz/products/i-pod-accessories/

5th item down the page, works it through fm aerial

Will be ordering up one in the next few days and hopefully it work fine!

Dan you do know that Halfords sell the iTrip thing, which basically does the same job. Connects into the cigerette lighter and plays the ipod through the radio waves. Was using it with the McIntosh head unit for a while, was so sick of listening to the same couple of cd's over and over :lol:

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=23921.msg284679#msg284679 date=1275052118]
Dan you do know that Halfords sell the iTrip thing, which basically does the same job. Connects into the cigerette lighter and plays the ipod through the radio waves. Was using it with the McIntosh head unit for a while, was so sick of listening to the same couple of cd's over and over :lol:
[/quote]

yep quality of those is crap though. any of those fm transmitter are brutal. 2 above give you cd quality audio :)

if you don't have a phonekit i'd recommend the parrot mki9200 great little kit or bury have just launched a new music kit called the CC9060 Music

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23921.msg284680#msg284680 date=1275052701]
[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=23921.msg284679#msg284679 date=1275052118]
[/quote]

yep quality of those is crap though. any of those fm transmitter are brutal. 2 above give you cd quality audio :)
[/quote]

Ah i see :hammerhead: the quality is brutal, was sick of moving it around to try and get the best signal :lol:

[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=23921.msg284817#msg284817 date=1275085614]
if you don't have a phonekit i'd recommend the parrot mki9200 great little kit or bury have just launched a new music kit called the CC9060 Music
[/quote]

Lookin to buy a parrot mki9200, the belkin fm transmitter i have for the iphone is shite

Group buy anyone??

This is the set up i have.Its an Ipod specific unit,so no cd player. Cant recommend it enough,and mine is an ex display model from halfords so only 195euro.
002-10.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-9.jpg

Pics come up fine on my computer :dontknow:

Anyway its an Alpine iDA-x100.Its a single Din unit,and i've used a pocket i got off ebay for 9.99 to fill the gap-perfect fit,looks factory. The unit itself is IPOD specific,and has a rear USB port and Input for a cd changer. My 4th gen Ipod nano is connected via the alpine "full speed" cable (€25) which plugs into the changer input as 4th gen ipods wont work through the USB port,apple have made some changes for the sake of being awkward it would appear. Once plugged in to the cable,the ipod can be put away-the unit becomes the ipod. Units illumination is very classy and can be switched between red and blue. Unit is bluetooth enabled with a dedicated button on it to answer and hang up.

totally different setup in the new shape Legacy's though, not really many options for single din aftermarket unit in the dash this AUX in adapter is a nice add -on to the factory head unit. Ill be ordering one up this week

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23921.msg285439#msg285439 date=1275302102]
totally different setup in the new shape Legacy's though, not really many options for single din aftermarket unit in the dash this AUX in adapter is a nice add -on to the factory head unit. Ill be ordering one up this week
[/quote]

Surely someone does a fascia adaptor for them?

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=23921.msg285444#msg285444 date=1275303046]
[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23921.msg285439#msg285439 date=1275302102]
[/quote]

Surely someone does a fascia adaptor for them?
[/quote]

Yes Subaru do one. But because the headunit and climate controls are built into the one unit, the fascia kit comes with new separate climate controls so i costs about 400 euro just for the new fascia kit!

I previously had my Clarion headunit in the center airvent unit as my car came with a jap single din satnav in this spot. so luckily i had the din bracket and all that there already. thats the only place really to have it, you will also need to tap into ome or two wires to keep power going to the ac controls after you pull the main wiring loom from it that connects to your aftermarket hu

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=23921.msg285431#msg285431 date=1275300887]
Pics come up fine on my computer :dontknow:

Anyway its an Alpine iDA-x100.Its a single Din unit,and i've used a pocket i got off ebay for 9.99 to fill the gap-perfect fit,looks factory. The unit itself is IPOD specific,and has a rear USB port and Input for a cd changer. My 4th gen Ipod nano is connected via the alpine "full speed" cable (€25) which plugs into the changer input as 4th gen ipods wont work through the USB port,apple have made some changes for the sake of being awkward it would appear. Once plugged in to the cable,the ipod can be put away-the unit becomes the ipod. Units illumination is very classy and can be switched between red and blue. Unit is bluetooth enabled with a dedicated button on it to answer and hang up.
[/quote]
Good Man Sean - One of the most vital things to have in any Car - The Oul' Travel Pack Of Paracetamol under the drink Holder :lol:

Hi Dan can I get a cable to plug into the CD Changer port on my McIntosh to hardwire my I Touch as the belkin unit is crap and will the cable charge the I touch also thanks John L.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=23921.msg285454#msg285454 date=1275306393]
Hi Dan can I get a cable to plug into the CD Changer port on my McIntosh to hardwire my I Touch as the belkin unit is crap and will the cable charge the I touch also thanks John L.
[/quote]

whats the model of your macintosh headunit? should be written on the top , front of it, above the cd player slot. the FSL-21 should work with yours, once you have a compatible model of headunit

need to know what headunit you have first John!

but the way the device works is you plug it into your cd changer port and you still control the music through your ipod

Hi Dan I know what your saying there is no Model number that I can see but I did have a Clarion cd changer hooked up to the head unit before I got my I touch as my CD player has not worked for some time, Im just looking for a way to hard wire the I Touch in so I can have a nice clear sound Many Thanks John L.

Back