WRC RALLY IRELAND

gojonnyjo

Middle Lane Hogs
Well lads just got me confirmed rally stages and times for the WRC in Nov, some pretty interesting stages, even near Berties Home too, :clap:
Fitting tribute if you ask me,
the Stages that i am MIV on are Thursday - Stormont Midpoint (SS1), Friday - Glenboy Start (SS8) Saturday off - Spectating, Sunday - Fardross Midpoint (SS17)​

Definitely going to make my way up there and defintely by :subaru:

Anyone know where you can get maps of stages or a programme or something like that? :ponder:

Cill, will be a while yet before the official programs will be published, keep an eye on the website though, even sign up for the newsletter, www.rallyireland.com

Nodge - November - North West Of Ireland - Camping? Go for it if you're man enough, I reckon it will be damn cold. Fair play to ya.
I'll admit I'm a pussy, booked into the Radisson in Sligo for the 3 nights, not very rally is it :oops:

Hi Brian, thanks for the link, I just had a look, lots of info there and a few maps too :thumbsup:

I'll be in a holiday home myself in south Donegal, hope to get access to some of the good stages from there

It would be great to get the Irish Subaru community out in force for it, show the support for our beloved manufacturer :subaru:

Anyone know if private entrants are allowed, any chance of seeing the legend that is :worship: Eugene Donnely giving these young punks a run for their money

seemly the home boys will be competing on the wrc, RPM are doing a bit of an inside show, looking at eugene preparing for the WRC and competing during it too.

i have all the stage names that are being used, also have due times for cars, only 19 s/stages, some are run twice, only prob is that all officals have to be on stage 3 hours before FCD. :roll:

The FIA announced today that they are cutting down the number of rounds

in the World Championship which means all countries involved will have a

championship round every two years. So WRC back in Ireland in 2009.

RTE announced extensive coverage of the WRC, for once they have'nt lost out

on a major sporting event.

Defo an ideal opportunity for a club event as alot of members will be there anyway.
Camping in November should be interesting John.

Lads good map with all the stages on the link STI Brian posted.Go to Spectator then Maps.

Just found this on the FIA website from their press release today, looks like the end of rallying as we know it, Group N to become the main feature by 2012, much like how the UK Championship has gone

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP

From 2009, there will be 12 events in the FIA World Rally Championship. A detailed regulation around this decision will be examined by the FIA World Rally Championship Commission and presented to the WMSC in October.

From 2012, it was agreed in principle that world rally cars will be four-wheel drive and turbo-charged, based on mass-produced Group N and S2000 specification cars. Cost reducing measures will also be introduced.

hi lads- was just looking at the stage map on the above link from brian- where i live is slap bang in the middle of it :nana: -- if any of you fellas need any help in getting accomidation arranged for this i would be only to glad to help- i know a lot of b+b owners and a few hotel owners- if you need any info about the area get in touch :worship: :subaru:

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=2765.msg26023#msg26023 date=1182956135]
Cill, will be a while yet before the official programs will be published, keep an eye on the website though, even sign up for the newsletter, www.rallyireland.com

Nodge - November - North West Of Ireland - Camping? Go for it if you're man enough, I reckon it will be damn cold. Fair play to ya.
I'll admit I'm a p***y, booked into the Radisson in Sligo for the 3 nights, not very rally is it :oops:
[/quote]

brian its not that cold up here for camping- i guess we are made of harder stuff!! :headbanger:

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=2765.msg26048#msg26048 date=1182971531]
Just found this on the FIA website from their press release today, looks like the end of rallying as we know it, Group N to become the main feature by 2012, much like how the UK Championship has gone

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP

From 2009, there will be 12 events in the FIA World Rally Championship. A detailed regulation around this decision will be examined by the FIA World Rally Championship Commission and presented to the WMSC in October.

From 2012, it was agreed in principle that world rally cars will be four-wheel drive and turbo-charged, based on mass-produced Group N and S2000 specification cars. Cost reducing measures will also be introduced.

[/quote]

this has been on the cards for a couple of years now, its there way of getting more factory teams in, In Ireland they were going to give the same points for winning group N as the WRC for winning the rally under one championship. but this was fought against by a few big names, after all they had just invested 10's of thousands and more in new cars and sponsors, Group N is the way they are going to go in the future, Full blown WRC cars are going to go the way Group B's did, on the scrap heap.. and only out once in a blue moon
it will be a sad day when that happens.

@210BHP - I couldn't agree more - at the ripe old age of 30 the thoughts of camping out for 3/4 days in the rain & cold no longer appeals, give me a residents bar until 4 in the morning & then an "all you can eat" breakfast buffet please. And of course I'll be sharing the driving duties with my mates so there will be no drunken driving!

@gojonny - It will be a sad day, surely cutting the championship down to maybe 10 rounds and keeping WRC cars would be a better way of keeping costs down? And maybe if they reduced the price of their damn petrol from 5.39e per litre as well.

im from sligo.anyone with accommodation difficulties just pm me.cant promise but will do my best.

Hi gojohnny,

Cheers of the info, any idea when RPM will be doing these shows, I never seems to catch them and would really like to see what Eugene is up to?

Cheers

aint seeen any details yet, but when i find out i will let ya know, but i expect it will be shown after the event in Nov

Entries Announced for Rally Ireland as in the whole Island :thumbsup:

The countdown to Rally Ireland has begun in earnest today with the release of the entry list of the 90 competitors who will take to the roads of Belfast and the north-western border counties next month as Ireland makes its debut in the World Rally Championship.

Twenty one countries are represented on the Rally Ireland entry list, with competitors coming from as far as Qatar, Japan and the USA, and an impressive entry of 53 competitors from the island of Ireland, north and south. The Key battle on the event is likely to be between reigning World Champion Sebastien Loeb, the French Citroen competitor and Finland's Marcus Gronholm of BP Ford, who currently leads the Driver's Championship by just four points.

The only female driver taking part is Emma McKinstry from Banbridge, County Down. A daughter of Irish rally legend Kenny McKinstry, Emma has competed in the 2006 Rally Ireland candidate event and is a regular on national and International rallies. The three members of the MacHale family are also set to make an impression as father Austin and sons Gareth and Aaron all take to the roads in their Ford Focus WRC cars.

In a country that has a higher percentage of WRC cars than any other in the world, 34 WRC cars are entered, with 11 makes from BMW to Toyota making the start list. All will be competing for one prize; the "Hands Across the Divide" trophy specially commissioned by Rally Ireland.

Back