Whiteline Anti Roll Bars

nodge

Petrolheads
I'm getting these fitted at the weekend (see my signature below!!). They're the adjustable ones front and rear so i was just wondering what way they should be set up.
I've been told that putting the rear one on at the middle hole is basically a better ARB for road driving and the top or bottom settings are more for experimenting on track etc.
As for the front one, I haven't a notion which of the two settings is better for improved fast road drving???

All opinions welcome :thumbsup: , cheers!

what size bars did you go for, 22mm 24mm?

really on the road john you wont see a difference

but on track scoobys then to understeer so you want the front to be set to soft (so the hole closest to the bar will be the stiffest)so go for the hole furthest away from the bar ,on the back you could go for the middle hole or for the hole closest to the bar to get the tail out

so the hole closest to the bar will be the stiffest

front soft
rear hard or miedium

on your car i would go for the hard setting on the rear

as the arse of a newage wrx doesnt really step out to often .

have you noticed any understeer in your car?

Ya, I think it understeers quite a bit. I know it's Subaru's safety mechanism at the end of the day, but it feels like it understeers well below being on the limit in terms of grip. At the trackday last year the front end didn't want to turn in at all (probably my driving style actually!). Maybe it's just that you get used to your car but I'm hoping for it to be a bit more planted when cornering with the Whitelines fitted.

lot has to do with your tyres aswell

what tyres do you have?

Best mod i have had done to my car get the anit lift kit aswell and knock the camber out on the front :icon_headbang:

Only track suspension mod I have is max negative camber on the front! (about 1.5-2 deg neg) not enough to ruin your tyres!
and 22mm antiroll bar on the back only, on the hardest setting!
And I don't get any understeer at all! and I don't drive slow!
I'll be adjusting my front camber and rear ARB settings on the day! If you want we can do yours as well! and put them back after!
Dan

[quote author=nodge link=topic=23896.msg284493#msg284493 date=1274992433]
Toyo T1-Rs :thumbsup:
[/quote]

there a great tyre john so there no problem there, maybe your being to aggresive with the steering wheel and turning in to much to quickly.

you might get yourself a anti lift kit or some camber bolts or both and get your car set up to run some negitive camber on the front for better turn in.

if that doesnt work, it means your going to fast into the corner, but really with all the above done, you would want balls of steal to get under steer.

oh and dont forget to catch the slide, thats the fun part.

i think bugeyes are very prone to under steer i find a more agressive entry to the corner actually helps while on the brakes a flick of the steering to loosin up the rear and then power out of the corner, i have bars and camber kit and anti lift in mine and i can still get a bit of under steer but nowhere near what it was and i have have potenzas on mine so tyres not an issue

Back