what oil filter is it under passenger wing

marx

Sunday Drivers
on a 01 leggy 2l twin turbo auto what oil filter is it under the passenger wing right next to a black cylender could anyone tell me and also what is that black cylender for :dontknow:

The big black thing in the wing is a surge tank that is part of the vacuum system for the twin turbo.

wincll.jpg

its a crazy set up was just wondering what it was thanks for the info were do you get all this info from i like to understand how everything works

[quote author=marx link=topic=23890.msg284423#msg284423 date=1274982370]
its a crazy set up was just wondering what it was thanks for the info were do you get all this info from i like to understand how everything works
[/quote]

You can download service manuals from this site - http://www.subaru-car.ru/left/doc/
It's a Russian site but all the documents are in English :thumbsup:

i like to understand how everything works
[/quote]

Best of luck with that!
They are a mad piece on engineering, that would try the patiance of a saint!
Worst thing about Leggy's is the the some of them have been attacked by monkeys calling them selves mechanics that do more harm than good, and make it very difficult to get her back to her origional glory!
So do plenty of reseach before you undertake any work,
Otherwise, enjoy her, very nice classy cars!!
Dan :thumbsup:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23890.msg284868#msg284868 date=1275121386]
i like to understand how everything works
[/quote]

Best of luck with that!
They are a mad piece on engineering, that would try the patiance of a saint!
Worst thing about Leggy's is the the some of them have been attacked by monkeys calling them selves mechanics that do more harm than good, and make it very difficult to get her back to her origional glory!
So do plenty of reseach before you undertake any work,
Otherwise, enjoy her, very nice classy cars!!
Dan :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Sounds just like my car :lol: :lol:

Back