cutting out

210bhp legacy

Middle Lane Hogs
hi guys - was just wondering can anyone help with my problem- my legacy 2 ltr turbo is cutting out when i approach junctions, intersections etc- the revs just go straight down and it cuts out, at times it doesnt cut out but the revs go straight down and back up again- anyone heard of this before?? any help much appreciated, when it idles it is fine with no gaps in revs :pray:

id say its the mass air flow censor but i could be wrong,there always givin trouble,and thats one of the signs

Is check engine coming up on the left side of the dash? iI had trouble with it before in a similar car to you but it was going up to 3k and back down 2 or 3 times in a row then it wouldnt happen for a week or so. you can remove the aie idle control valve and clean it out but the gasket is ultra brittal, probably better off with a spare one at hand

I had the same problem with the 98 wrx when I had her but never figured it out, got it checked by subaru and all but they found nothing.

lads thanks for all your help with this matter- my mechanic has her in surgery as we speak- have made him aware of your suggestions so fingers crossed- thanks a million lads :pray: by the way there is a pint for the person with the right answer :guinness:

how ya!

Ive a legacy mysely, newer model b4 to be precise-happened to me a while back and the check engine light showed on the dash at the same time it was the Air flow Meter needing replacement 150quid fitted at a Subaru main stealer....

hope all goes well with it for ya mate

pint for legy and dave- upped the idle control and its not cutting out anymore :dance: looks like thats 2 i owe you now dave- could be turning into a session :guinness:
cheers for all the help fellas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

did you just turn it and higher revs??

prob dirty...

best to remove it and clean it out and return it back to where it was...

yeah higher revs- took it for the run home (20 miles) and didnt miss a beat- will clean and return properly tomorrow- cheers again mate :thumbsup:

Back