OCTANE BOOSTER MAP??????

KENC

ISDC Club Member
HEY LADS, I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE PUT YOURSELF IN SIMILAR SIUATION AS ME, I GOT ANDY TO TEK3 MAP MY 00 STI FEW MONTHS AGO, I PUT THE USUAL BOLT ONS ONTO HER, STRAIGHT THROUGH EX, FUEL PUMP, FILTER, PLUGS.I GOT HER MAPPED FOR THE MODS AND FOR 95OCT ONLY, I ALLOWED AT TIME THAT I WASNT BOTHERED PUTTING BOOSTER IN HER, BUT NOW AFTER BEING TALKING ABOUT MORE POWER I HAVE COME TO REALISE THAT SCOOBYS MORE OR LESS HAVE A CAP ON THE BHP THEY CAN ACHIEVE WITHOUT GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF FMIC AND TURBO, SO BASICALLY I AM CLOSE TO THAT CAP NOW, I DONT REALLY WANT TO MOVE ON TO NEXT STAGE AS THE DOLLARS ARE TIGHT, BUT I AM THINKING OF GETN MAPPED AGAIN FOR BOOSTER, AND DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH MY WHILE, HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS???? AND DID THEY NOTICE MUCH DIFFERENCE FROM THE CAR BEING MAPPED WITHOUT AND THEN WITH, I DONT REALLY WANT THE "IN THEORY IT SHOULD MAKE DIFFERENCE" GUYS TO REPLY, JUST GUYS WITH EXPERIENCE OF THIS, I HAVE BEEN TOLD DIFFERENT BHP GAIN FIGURES FROM PEOPLE VARYING FROM 10 TO 25BHP, I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING 1.25BAR BOOST, COULD THIS BE UP'D WITH BOOSTER?
CHEERS :ponder:

im curious to know this myself mate as im looking to get a tek3 on my own 99 version 6..i was told by a couple of people to use booster a good few tanks before the map..oh yeah,how did you find the map?? any difference in performance?? mine currently just has a full decat and filter and is running about 1.1 bar...

Hey Ken. Anyone who got mapped through me or the club did one or the other. I cant think of anybody who first mapped for 95 then 98 without changing other parts aswell.

Defo map it with booster.

runnong with octane boost and getting it mapped to suit makes a big difference compared to getting it mapped on the ordinary watered down sh*t weve to use over here. and also i know there a lot of criers out there who moan and whinge about the price of it but when you think about the price of full exhausts and front mounts and the likes its not that expensive. also my mate adrian always says if you cant afford a bottle of octane boost with a tank of fuel each week then you shouldnt have a fast car!! simple!!

trust me lad get it mapped for booster. and if you got a power fc you could get a low boost setting mapped for no booster if you needed. just give george a call he knows the goof with it. also he sells power fc's for €700 not the robbery prices that are goin around. when i got mine from him track day wanted €1350 for one even though i didnt want it mapped by them!! and those other eejits in suped didnt even know what i was talking about!!!! :computer: :hang:

SPLASH

deco c

im interested deco,
did your car not over boost and fuel cut when you put decat on??? mine did like mad, i had to take it light on throttle for a week until renno had andy f over, he mapped the car and solved the sharp boost spike for me, defo reckomend the tek 3 mate, you are not getn full benefit of that decat exhaust, put a set of plugs in her and for safety a fuel pump get her mapped and i guarantee you will be happy, lots more torque and more accesable power with exhaust mapped in, the only thing i liked bout the 95 oct was not having to bother with booster, apart from the cost its just the handyness of pulling and filling up like every other sensible motorist :D but now i dont know whether its worth using booster for the 10 or 15 bhp, was also wondering is it a selling bonus to be mapped fpr 95oct?? i beleive the lands are mixing it half bottle lucus. to bout €50, let me know if im wrong. by the way, i got exhaust, plugs pump, filter and mapped through renno, cudnt beat him on price and good with the help and info aswell. there are a few other guys selling bits aswell i think on the site, i have never dealt with them so as such cant recommend them to you but maybe they might reply with some info for you aswell. :thumbsup:

hows it goin mate..no shes more or less the same with the de-cat..seems to be pulling a good bit better in the higher revs although i havent been driving it too hard until i get it mapped..im in the process of getting a fuel pump then i have to book my car in for the map..did you fit your pump yourself?? i believe its handy enough..so your saying il defo be pleased with the map?? i can imagine it boosting up that bit more like your own..id say 1.25 bar is more or less as high as youd go on before you run into hassle..

Back