Quick question.

skinny-controller

Sunday Drivers
Ok having a few problems.Im not that well up on imprezas mechanically.I have a version 6 type r and its using alot more fuel than usually and has an erratic idle and feels slightly sluggish.I have changed the plugs and also have an uprated fuel pump I also have an air/fuel ratio gauge fitted and the o2 sensor seems to be working correctly.I have no cel on and theres no fault in the diaganostics.I have cleaned the Idle control valve.theres also a very noticable smell of fuel when i start the car.is there away of checking the maf on the impreza without an ohms multimeter.Thanks for any suggestions :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unplug the MAF all together. If the car runs better then you know the MAF is gone.

or tapp the MAF with your knuckles with the car running. If the idle hunts then it can also mean the MAF is gone.

If you unplug the MAF while the car is running it will cut out, unless the MAF is totally gone but then you'd get a CEL. Unplug it and start it, it will bring on the CEL, but see how the car idles then, If its better then that could be your fault.

Or as I said on your other thread, bring it to Subaru for the Diagnostic check, they can see the MAF voltage and will be able to tell if its working correctly :thumbsup:

Back