Any ideas????

Blitzer09

Middle Lane Hogs
Some of yous might remember I had a thread up a month ago that I had lost compression on one side of my engine and I taught it was head gasket split between the cylinders.... Well it's stripped now and the only damage we can see is the timing may have jumped And we're puzzled would that cause a loss of compression on the drivers side pistons??? I'm very confused :dontknow: any input will be greatly appreciated

regards
Gareth

slipped timing wouldnt cause loss of compresssion, must be something else.

have you taken the head off the block??

Have you removed the pistons from the block and checked the sides of them for cracks etc.?

the pistons can look perfect from the top and be fooked on the sided :thumbsup:

Ye duffman head is off and gasket is perfect???? Mechanic said pistons look fine phil but then again as u said could be damaged any test ya can do to check for cracks??? the bottom end and head are goin in on Wednesday to be rebuilt so hopefully know more soon just asking ta try get a bita sneaky info first.... Thanks for the feedback lads :thumbsup:

nothing ya can do really except take the pistons out and inspect the pistons and rings closely!

I've seen pistons that looked perfect and when taken out a chunk fell out of the side of them between the rings

Brilliant I'll pass on that knowledge thanks phil.....and have a bit of wiring work for ya if ur intermolested????

it must be what phil said if the values are in good order

[quote author=Blitzer09 link=topic=23667.msg282176#msg282176 date=1274125323]
Brilliant I'll pass on that knowledge thanks phil.....and have a bit of wiring work for ya if ur intermolested????
[/quote]

Always tempted by a bit of intermolesting :lol:

Good stuff I'll get your number off Keith and be in touch when I'm back on the road if that's alright wit ya pal :thumbsup:

Back