Anyone used weld through primer...?

ya lad, i use zinc spray perfect as base and finish with bright zinc, once the surface is clean its a good job.

I thought that was the point of weld through primer... in that you could paint it and then weld with out the fear of splatter...?

I used to work in a body shop in the north.... (bout 10 years ago or more) and we had a weld thru primer that we used on occasion. To be honest the stuff we had was shite and made more problems than it solved!!!

Maybe its moved on a bit since then tho :dontknow:

not sure about that stuff so lad, ud think priming after welding will work out better due to the heat from the welder. stick would work better so id be thinking, cause the mig works best when everything is clean. what u welding

I'm welding up new tubs on car made of 22 Gage cold rolled steel. Definatly going to be priming and painting after welding... but certain parts being welded are inaccessible for painting after being welded so thought that I'd use a weld though primer on these bits.

Dunno... I'll give this U-Pol stuff a go and see how I get on... may need to strip it back if it starts to splatter! :ponder2:

there is a few boards where people have used it , google it for urself, they dont seem to have much faith in it,

Back