Suspension problem

I

industrialguy

Was hoping if someone could give a bit of advice on this and it would be greatly appreciated.
I failed the NCT recently and there was a number of standout problems but the one that has taken me by interest is the apparent disappearance of the "locking devices" on both suspension arms.
Have absolutely no clue of what these devices are and have asked a few guys on here so far and they are as dumbfounded as myself?

Any ideas? :question:

00 Impreza GL non-turbo

Have you got coilovers or standard suspension? Have heard of people failing on the same thing with certain types of coilover because there wasn't a locking/cotter pin attached. Where it goes or what it does is beyond me though.

Would it be the clip on the suspension arm that the brake line is suppose to be bolted to? I've seen cars fail because of that...

If it is just the brake line clips, just cable tie them on. That's what I did after I put braided brake lines on :thumbsup: The NCT dudes just need to see that they're secured in some way.

[quote author=froggy23 link=topic=23644.msg282119#msg282119 date=1274118478]
no,more than likely split pins missing from balljoint or t rod ends to stop the nuts spinning lose
[/quote]

That actually sounds like what they're talking about alright :thumbsup:

When I read:

Front Suspension Locking Device Missing

I never even though of that :wall:

Back