new alloys

buckshot

Petrolheads
just wondering if there are any issues with changeing from 17 inch to 18 inch wheels on newage wrx. will it have to be remapped for 18 inch? what is the correct offset? all views welcome thanks :ponder2:

ya 18s will work but you have to go simtek with anti lag as no other ecu will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no need for a map man and im running et53 offset on 8x18 rims with 205/40/18 tyre on my bugeye wagon i think standard is et48 so any rim between 48 53 should be fine with 48 sticking out the widest you may need to trim rear arches hope this help

Howdy!
7.5" X 18" with a 48mm offset would be standard subaru fitment, with 225/45/18 tyres
If you can get maybe 10mm less offset it would fill the arches better!
I run 20mm spacers on mine!

If you are around naas, you can try my 7.5 X 18's on your car for size!

No need to remap or anything

@ Duffman, :lol: :lol:
@ Dec, Could your wheels do with coming out another 10mm?? maybe a 40mm offset?

Howdy Buckshot!
7.5" X 18" with a 48mm offset would be standard subaru fitment, with 225/45/18 tyres
If you can get maybe 10mm less offset it would fill the arches better!
I run 20mm spacers on mine!

If you are around naas, you can try my 7.5 X 18's on your car for size!

No need to remap or anything
Dan

thanks for the offer dan but i live in killarney, just wondering because subaru recommend some sort of remap when changeing wheel size

@dan no man its grand as is dont like running big offset make a car tram line like crazy less offset the more stable a car is on rough roads imo

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=23638.msg281944#msg281944 date=1274042955]
ya 18s will work but you have to go simtek with anti lag as no other ecu will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

:lolpoint: Nearly wet myself at that man :lol: :lol:

The only thing about changing wheel size is that it can offset your speedo, I say CAN because if you keep the overall diameter of the tyre the same then there wont be a difference. Larger diameter rim but lower profile tyre.

Use this site to calculate wheel diameter: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

A larger diameter tyre will have you travelling slower than your speedo is telling you :thumbsup:

buckshot i have 18" prodrives, was in killarnry yesterday - ah well you could of tested one of mine..
i can take 2 adults fine, if ya go abit hard in the bends it will rub a wee bit.. other than that they are fine.

Back