rad burst car overheatin

colmbarr1988

Petrolheads
well lads was drivin along today and bang water everywear steam all over the place
looked at the rad and at the top you can see pressure blastin tru car is runnin perfect still car is jsut over heatin it]
so filled it back up car over heated but is not losin water untill i start it let it warm and sprays from the same point at the top

could this be the water pump gone or just the rad ???

If its spraying from the rad then its the rad that's gone, you'd pick up a second hand one easy enough. Or I'd recommend going alloy, I did, after I blew two standard rads :lol:

Just make sure when you fill the system back up with coolant to bleed it. Leave the car running, with the rad cap off until the rad fan kicks in. You might get a bit of coolant coming out the header tank, but don't worry, its just pushing the air out. Once the rad fan kicks in, turn the car off, top the header tank up and put the cap back on :thumbsup:

Steve.

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=23594.msg281529#msg281529 date=1273853338]
If its spraying from the rad then its the rad that's gone, you'd pick up a second hand one easy enough. Or I'd recommend going alloy, I did, after I blew two standard rads :lol:

Just make sure when you fill the system back up with coolant to bleed it. Leave the car running, with the rad cap off until the rad fan kicks in. You might get a bit of coolant coming out the header tank, but don't worry, its just pushing the air out. Once the rad fan kicks in, turn the car off, top the header tank up and put the cap back on :thumbsup:

Steve.
[/quote]

tanks due tat calmed the nerves haha

:angry1: I know what you mean man, It got fixed by some coyboy and driving home on new years eve over heated again and has to be tpwed home :icon_cry:

But CDA sorted it out after the hols and it was granf then :smokin:

grand dude one the lads is goin to do a snif test?
to make sure no damage was done to the head
den i will get a rad if all is ok
how much was ur rad?

Your better off goin down the alloy road mate, like Steve i've gone through 2 standard rads too :angry1: :angry1:

Think they are €350 from CDA, best to get onto them to make sure :thumbsup:

i think its cos its such a high pressure system i'll be getting my 3rd rad fitted this week luckily at the min it hasnt split its just got a small leak but better to get it done before it becomes a major problem

Its the top and bottom of the rads are made from plastic and after a while they crack, alloy rad all the way!!

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=23594.msg281984#msg281984 date=1274060788]
Its the top and bottom of the rads are made from plastic and after a while they crack, alloy rad all the way!!
[/quote]

Indeed man,

AFAIK the newage impreza rad is the very same as the B4 :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=23594.msg281989#msg281989 date=1274062211]
[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=23594.msg281984#msg281984 date=1274060788]
[/quote]

Indeed man,

AFAIK the newage impreza rad is the very same as the B4 :thumbsup:
[/quote]

tanks dude im lookin round at the min :thumbsup:

Goin to collect a Rad tomorrow. Not as good as Mishmoto but only costing €150+vat new. Will pass on details tomorrow if dimensions and brackets line up.

Beats C&R - €700!!! - fkn sterling silver or something??!!

well i spoke to nick in cda today
il be gettin one from him
as it is a direct fit
and a well no brand
plus it 25 min from my house if i get any hassle wit it
so will just use the van and get one in a week or so :thumbsup:
tanks again lads

Back