Intermittant rubbing sound

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
just started today its not doing it the whole time but is sounds like something is rubbing and squealing at the back somewhere ive had a rear bearing go on me before in a celica and it sounds different to that im gonna jack it up tomorrow and spin the rear wheels see if i can see anything but anyone got any ideas what it could be cheers

Check that there is nothing loose in your wheel arch,
And also check the dust gaurd on your brake discs,
Hope it's nothing to bad!
Dan

17"s its not them catching on the arches cos that was happening at the front when i first got them has'nt happened at all today so im not sure what it was i cant see anything catching at the back

Maybe the tyres are rubbing the rear strut!
Take the back wheels off, being very careful not to let the top of the wheel hit the strut as you take it off!
If their are scuffs on the struts then obviously the wheels a catching them! and you'll need small spacers!
Dan

cheers ill try that over the weekend hasnt done it all since that one day but it was doing it on and off all day so thats even more confusing :ponder2: but surely if it was catching somewhere like that it would have been doing it since i put the wheels on :dontknow: it didnt sound good though

Your wheel bearings are getting older and looser!
My rears catch my struts when I have a couple of adults in the car and I go hard around corners!
Just with the black wheels, I use 20mm spacers on the silver track wheels!
Dan

I'll check it out tomorrow hopefully if it was something like that it wouldnt be to bad :thumbsup:
it was just me in the car and quite slow in a straight line is when it was worse

Back