Limiter.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks remember I was on about a stutter in fifth gear at hi speed well I think it may be around the speed that would have being around the limiter b4 the re map has anybody else had this problem many thanks John L.

if its a jap import and happened at 110km/h then its the speed limiter thats on all jap imported cars unless its bien removed in whatever way.

my speed limiter wasnt kicking in till 197 km/h but ive had a delimiter fitted and not had a single prob going past it

Had it removed when I got the car and after the engine re build it was mapped out, I just was wondering if there may be a ghost of the limiter left in there somewhere cheers

hmmm its a tricky one alright!!
not too well up on electronics but could be something in the map, dont quote on that now!

It could be that 180km/h is def limiter territory and when mine used to hit it it just cut off the fuel so it could be getting confused as you go past it but i really wouldnt be sure maybe try holding it around the 180-185 mark see if it will let you that could give you a definate answer

Back