Car diagnostics?

breno58

Petrolheads
Lads im just wondering does anyone know of a good place around the midlands that i can leave my car in to get a diagnostics test done, the car just isnt running right at all and id like to get it put on the computer to find out what the problem is, the cars in ballinasloe so somewhere around that area would be handy as i dont wanna drive it 2 far the way it is but i wanna get it sorted cause i hate to see it just lying in the garage not being used :icon_cry:

[quote author=breno58 link=topic=23510.msg280772#msg280772 date=1273592886]
Its a 93 wrx jap import
[/quote]

On classics you can do a self-diagnostics. Under the dash there is two black and two green connectors. The black ones are for reading faults, if you plug them together (the black ones) and turn your ignition on, your check engine will flash a certain number of times. Count the flashes and you check what fault it relates to at the below link:

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/ReadingECUCodes

Steve.

[quote author=coopster link=topic=23510.msg280787#msg280787 date=1273596880]
Would it have an obd2 socket that would work with my scangauge?
[/quote]

The early classics had an older version of ODB, it wont work with the scanguage though or any code readers

As steve said is the best option

I'm going to be like a broken record here but if you are having trouble with the WRX and want it sorted good Give Dave at STi Tunning a call. I just got my STi back from him at the weekend and it is flying now. He is outside Navan in Meath. Don't know if thats too far for you.

did you just get the all clear, which is the CEL pulsing at steady 0.5 sec intervils?

What exactly is the car doing or not doing?

The cel didnt flash at all, i plugged the black connectors together and turned the ignition on and absolutely nothing happened

connect the 2 green connectors and 2 black connectors and see if it goes into test mode. You'll hear all sorts of clicks and fans kicking in etc

They may be buried in a mess of wiring under the steering column but they are there.

You'll find 2x black and 2x green connectors very close to eachother

Thanks for that Dave im gonna try bring it over to froggy during the week as he said he would look at it for me so if i dont get it sorted ill try get it out to you for good looking over :thumbsup:

try in around the fuse box it should be just over that u have to really get down and look up

Back