Air bag light

coopster

Petrolheads
airbag light came on last week ! Checked under the two front seats, checked the two under the bonnet and behind the drivers side dash all plugs connected fine.
Just Back from the stealers, they tried two differant code readers and there is no codes at all -strange one huh , maybe it's a faulty airbag?
It's not reading any codes so what's next ?

continuity test on the clock spring wiring! bet its your problem man :thumbsup:

What year is your car the Forester Airbag system was not connected to the diagnostics until 2006 before that you had to flash out the codes using the block connector and earthing spades under the steering column

ok just with the airbag light being on i thought i would give the manual light read thing ago,

only to note that the new-age foz only has green wires under the dash,
but i found these wires unplugged in the foot well by the accelerator pedal
are they meant to be unplugged? and what are they?

photo-2.jpg

i plugged the green ones in and got three codes but i think that's coz its in test mode!!?
p1518 Starter switch circuit low input
p0852 Neutral Switch Input Circuit High
p0502 Vehicle speed sensor low speed

that sucks :sad:
so its back to the stealer then :ponder2:

found out them wires are for the "Keyless Entry" system you connect them when you what to add a code :geek:

The air bag connector is a black 6 pin connector further up the loom where you saw the green connectors
when you find it there will be little spade connectors connected to the loom by blue insulating tape
you remove them switch on the ign and insert one into terminal 1 of the connector any codes in the system will then
be flashed out . The 2nd pin is used to clear the memory !

Just back from the dealers , they say it's a faulty sensor in the side airbag on the drivers seat, but would have to bring it back to strip the seat down to confirm it . Also said that if I drive it with the airbag light on for to long with out getting it fixed soon I would need a new Ecu as the internal batt would be dead and the Ecu would be too!!!!?
Never heard that one before ?

So I'll have to leave it back sooner than later , tho I wanted to wait till after the wedding :wall:

I drove around in my Glanza for over a year with the airbag light on. Maybe scooby's are different. But that makes no sense that the ECU would go dead? Surly any internal battery, (if any) would charge off the car and not die? Its not like the air bag is charging it lol.

Steve.

[quote author=coopster link=topic=23436.msg284661#msg284661 date=1275044832]
Also said that if I drive it with the airbag light on for to long with out getting it fixed soon I would need a new Ecu as the internal batt would be dead and the Ecu would be too!!!!?
Never heard that one before ?
[/quote]

WTF :roll:

Get this: I went to pick up the car from them and they told me that when they were putting it all back together they found the problem..... A broken wire under drivers seat and fixed it for me :dance:

130euro :shock2:

but hey it's fixed now :icon_headbang:

Might have cost 130 euro Gav...... But the piece of mind you will get from knowing its fully operational and working is worth it!

Glad to hear its fixed man

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23436.msg284703#msg284703 date=1275060491]
Might have cost 130 euro Gav...... But the piece of mind you will get from knowing its fully operational and working is worth it!
[/quote]

Yup :thumbsup:

Back