Airbag light..

mine has just come on too..............
first thing is to check the connections under the two front seats unplug and re connect, this how ever did no solve mine :ponder:
Ive check the two in the engine bay ( no luck there )
next i will have to check in behind the steering column.

there bright yellow just in case your not sure :thumbsup:

[quote author=coopster link=topic=23378.msg279510#msg279510 date=1273088815]
Ive scanned mine with the scanner no codes found :dontknow:
[/quote]

with scangauge???
that wont pick up airbag codes gav!!!

[quote author=OrlaTypeR link=topic=23378.msg279504#msg279504 date=1273088380]
Do u really think so Andy! God your good.. How would i go about fixing it is what i meant!!
[/quote]

Sorry, no harm meant. An obvious question deserved and obvious answer :lol:

The airbag may need replacing or perhaps there is a fault in a sensor. I know on my classic there are impact/airbag sensors behind the front bumper near the wheel arches.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=23378.msg279516#msg279516 date=1273089152]
[quote author=coopster link=topic=23378.msg279510#msg279510 date=1273088815]
Ive scanned mine with the scanner no codes found :dontknow:
[/quote]

with scangauge???
that wont pick up airbag codes gav!!!
[/quote]
aah I see , can't work it out so might have to give the steelers a call :icon_cry:

Has the battery died lately or been disconnected for any reason?

I know when I had the battery out of my old Ibiza the air bag light came on!!!
(car was off the road for almost a year and battery was removed to keep it safer!!!)
I went to advance pitstop and got them to throw their diagnostics yokey onto it! think they charged me 50 yoyos to sort the "christmas tree" lights on the dash at the time!!!

a dodgy seat belt can put the airbag light on too. there run off the same ecu...

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=23378.msg279604#msg279604 date=1273103412]
Does a faulty clock spring not cause an airbag light too? Is your horn working?
[/quote]

Your spot on there Mark and that is the most common cause of the airbag warning light coming on :thumbsup:

If the tape wire is only starting to break it'll put on the airbag light but the horn will still work. Its definitely the clockspring. 400 euro+ from Subaru. I got one second hand.

dont know if an impreza part will be the same as the foz, i know most things are but not sure on the steering side of things :ponder2:
ive found a brakers in the uk that are scrapping a newage foz ive emailed them so we will see if they have it :thumbsup:
cheers all

[quote author=coopster link=topic=23378.msg279791#msg279791 date=1273182033]
dont know if an impreza part will be the same as the foz, i know most things are but not sure on the steering side of things :ponder2:
ive found a brakers in the uk that are scrapping a newage foz ive emailed them so we will see if they have it :thumbsup:
cheers all
[/quote]

I think you're forgetting that this is orla's thread so the replies are probably directed for her impreza...

On another note, I doubt the foz one would be any different :thumbsup:

Back