What is V limited

O

Omeara_darragh

I was just checking up on what the model number on my car actually means and it tells me that I have a V limited model. Can anyone tell me exactly what v limited is? And what are the differences between them and a standard model STI?

Found this site which might help anyone trying to find out exactly what they have. I found it interesting to say the least. You've all probably seen it before but for those who havent its worth a look

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

Darragh

darragh isint your car an sti wagon,if it is i dont think they made a v limited version

Yes it is a wagon, never heard of a v limited but the model code says it is according to that link. I could well be wrong.

thats a weird one alright,some of the other lads with more imformation may say it is a v limited,i just never heard of a wagon being a v limited as i think they only made v limiteds for group n rallying so i dont think they would make a wagon for rallying

There was a version 3 V-Limited wagon.... 555 units, that's according to Brian Longs book....may be more have not looked fully through it yet.

There are V-Limited Wagons.

Pferdestärke = horse strength) is no longer a lawful unit, but is still commonly used in Europe, South America and Japan, especially by the automotive and motorcycle industry. It was adopted throughout continental Europe with designations equivalent to the English "horse power", but mathematically different from the British unit. It is defined by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)[1] in Braunschweig as exactly:

1 PS = 75 kp·m/s = 0.73549875 kW = 0.9863201652997627 hp (SAE)

The PS was adopted by the Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) and then by the automotive industry throughout most of Europe.

In the 19th century the French had their own unit, called the poncelet (p) In 1992, the PS was rendered obsolete by EEC directives, when it was replaced by the kilowatt as the official power measuring unit. It remained in use for commercial and advertising purposes, as customers were not familiar with the use of kilowatts for combustion engines

260PS is the equivalent of 256BHP

Just checked the code again GF8 D5ED

Heres the breakdown

G= Impreza
F=Wagon
8=2.0 litre turbo

D=MY97
5=No of doors
E=STI
D=5 Speed Manual

Option code=720

WRX STi Version 3 V-Limited Model:GF8D5ED With option code 72*

Looks like I have me a V limited :)

well done darragh ,that must be one of the only ones in ireland,ive never even heard of one,has yours got a roof hatch

Mine hasn't much that i havent seen on any of the rest of them but I really must look into it further. Just had to hand over 1300 to the bloody revenue to clear it so I hope its exact;y what it says on the tin

it was in waterfor when I got it, Some younglad swapped a twin cam for it and thought he could do donuts in her... Engine had bearings gone in it by the time I got to her :( But I have a new engine in her. The old engine was supposedly built by Mckinstry motorsport with lots of goodies but dont know much about it.

DO you know the car? Do you know anything about it??

Yeah built by mckinstry..

think alledged bored to 2.1 litre on original engine.. built about 3 years ago...

think clocks from an auto.. seats from a my00 impreza... sound system in boot.

Back