Any Subaru Engine building Books Available?

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Is there anything available? Can't seem to find anything online.
Don't trust anyone to build an engine for me so I'm going to build it myself.

Cheers,
Baz

[quote author=baz82 link=topic=23342.msg279112#msg279112 date=1272984612]
Sorry for posting in the wrong section
[/quote]

It's not a problem :thumbsup:

why wouldnt you trust someone to build it for you? plenty of traders on here more than capable of that. Are you a mechanic by trade yourself?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=23342.msg279202#msg279202 date=1273000000]
why wouldnt you trust someone to build it for you? plenty of traders on here more than capable of that. Are you a mechanic by trade yourself?
[/quote]

Just would'nt trust anyone mate thats all just the way I am.I have built engines before but I'm not a mechanic by trade.I know there's plenty of traders thanks.At least If something goes wrong its on my own head aswell

[quote author=baz82 link=topic=23342.msg279381#msg279381 date=1273055070]
[/quote]

Just would'nt trust anyone mate thats all just the way I am.I have built engines before but I'm not a mechanic by trade.I know there's plenty of traders thanks.At least If something goes wrong its on my own head aswell
[/quote]

best of luck with build , wouldnt even dream of trying it myself!!

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=23342.msg279389#msg279389 date=1273058435]
[quote author=baz82 link=topic=23342.msg279381#msg279381 date=1273055070]
[/quote]

[/quote]

best of luck with build , wouldnt even dream of trying it myself!!
[/quote]

I reckon if i take my time I should be grand, Its a long term project

It is fairly straight forward and if you take your time, do your homework, you'll be grand.

Only advice I can give you is don't use too much gasket sealer :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=23342.msg279440#msg279440 date=1273076529]
It is fairly straight forward and if you take your time, do your homework, you'll be grand.

Only advice I can give you is don't use too much gasket sealer :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cool man thanks

i was in the same boat as you b4 and dont trust anyone with my car since iv bien ripped off and now i do all the work myself. its amazing how much you lern and how quickly!!
iv rebuilt mine befour and i used the service manual for the job! its a few hundred pages long but the engine section is a hundred maybe 2 hundred pages long, BUT, i studied this for a few weeks b4 i touched the car and got myself farmilular with the hole procedure and just the general layout of the parts ect. im no mechanic by trade but one i done my homework on it i found it a very easy job to do from engine remove,rebuild,engine install and i just took my time with it! maybe 24-36 hours on it! i have had no problems since the build about 6-7 months ago, 5-6k killometers and getting serviced again b4 its back on road again. the service manual doesnt show ya how to rebuild the engine but does give you the torque spec and so on for all bolts ect.
il try find the link to where i downloaded it from.
all i can do is wish ya the best of luck lad and be sure to do your homework first and double check everything then check it again :thumbsup: its a easy job do if your handy with spanners :subaru:

[quote author=robdsherlock link=topic=23342.msg279756#msg279756 date=1273176627]
i was in the same boat as you b4 and dont trust anyone with my car since iv bien ripped off and now i do all the work myself. its amazing how much you lern and how quickly!!
iv rebuilt mine befour and i used the service manual for the job! its a few hundred pages long but the engine section is a hundred maybe 2 hundred pages long, BUT, i studied this for a few weeks b4 i touched the car and got myself farmilular with the hole procedure and just the general layout of the parts ect. im no mechanic by trade but one i done my homework on it i found it a very easy job to do from engine remove,rebuild,engine install and i just took my time with it! maybe 24-36 hours on it! i have had no problems since the build about 6-7 months ago, 5-6k killometers and getting serviced again b4 its back on road again. the service manual doesnt show ya how to rebuild the engine but does give you the torque spec and so on for all bolts ect.
il try find the link to where i downloaded it from.
all i can do is wish ya the best of luck lad and be sure to do your homework first and double check everything then check it again :thumbsup: its a easy job do if your handy with spanners :subaru:
[/quote]

Inspiring post there :thumbsup: Yeah man I'm fairly handy on the tools, I'm a plumber by trade but I've been working on cars the last ten years. The last engine I built was in a slight less complicated '89 micra turbo, and has had 3 years of track/drag abuse trown at it without missing a beat bar a faulty boost controller and failing cluthes.When I set my heart on something I know I can do eventually,evn if it does'nt work out its lesson learnt imo.Anyway the cars coming of the road tomorrow :icon_cry:
Going to miss it,Cheers for the comments lad

BAz

Wish I had the time and space to build an engine for myself!!!!
Fair play fella! Fancy startin a How I built my engine thread?

I'd definitely be interested in reading it if ya do, Id say if there was something you werent sure of at a point some of the lads with more experience of building these engines may be able to point you the right way!!!!!!!

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23342.msg279843#msg279843 date=1273220449]
Wish I had the time and space to build an engine for myself!!!!
Fair play fella! Fancy startin a How I built my engine thread?

I'd definitely be interested in reading it if ya do, Id say if there was something you werent sure of at a point some of the lads with more experience of building these engines may be able to point you the right way!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan, I'm not a Full member though

Back