big power drop

wrx-wagon-rob

Middle Lane Hogs
Ok not getting much boost for ages,new waste gate,new boost sol,had all air intake and vaccum pipes out for cleaning reset the ecu a few times.Most of the time i will be getting about 4psi (not much dumping) and the odd time ill be getting about 11psi.Now heres the thing,i put the foot down and gave it hell from a start,took off and den it lost power like i hit a wall and started farting a bit and it was ok to drive normal but any time the foot gos down this happens

What could i try next as i dont have the bobs to get it looked at (not working)

I would say start with the idea of air fuel and spark,
check your fuel pump then try the maf, lambda might
not give them simtems but worth keeping in mind,
after that id be thinking spark plugs or coil packs,
but it could well be a sensor letting you down, so
might be worth a diagnostic check if ye can, or
try checking for the code yourself, there's a way
of doing it by conecting wires under the dash but
i aint sure how it is done, the lads here will tell ye
if needs be :thumbsup:

Is that when you plug in the green connectors if so i tryed that with no light staying on.I put in a fuel pump at xmas and cleaned the maf,could it have somthing to do with a blockage or leak in the exhaust system :dontknow:

You need to plug the black connectors together to read the fault codes, the green ones are for testing.

Yeah that means no fault code present lad. I'd get a mechanic to check it out :thumbsup:

i know it's not an easy question to answer but whats your boost gauge reading when it's "farting" as you call it?
sounds like it's actually overboosting to me!

[quote author=smokey wrx link=topic=23331.msg279259#msg279259 date=1273008960]
i know it's not an easy question to answer but whats your boost gauge reading when it's "farting" as you call it?
sounds like it's actually overboosting to me!

[/quote]
Ill give it a trun and see how i get on,thanks

Ok lads sorry to bring this back up but the car is still not fixed :icon_redface:I still cant aford to gat it looked at.
I think i have a hole or something in the exhaust somewere around the turbo thats what it sounds like to me.

Would this have something to do with very low boost and some times hitting a wall farting and cutting out?

2NDhand-boost sol 2NDhand-waste gate NEW-fuel pump No fault codes Ecu reset x 4 clean vaccum pipes ok clean maf strip down clean hks dump valve HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

Back