car acting very strange in 5th gear

swerv555

Petrolheads
Got radiator changed bout 3 mths ago had a bad leak , and fortnight later top hose blew , anyway changed top hose bled car , topped it up with coolant brought it for short run and came back waited for fan to kick in and everything was fine .Then noticed on last night meet if doin between 50-70mph in 5th and floor it car revs jump from 3-4000rpm goes nowhere and then takes of ! like kick down in an automatic , every other gear theres no problem flooring it (if necessary) .But if in 5th happens everytime , this has only happened since i changed top hose :ponder2: .
I check oil , air ,all fluids on a weekly basis. car is serviced every 5k miles by subaru ,temp gage is fine so kinda confused :ponder2:

As above, does sound like clutch slip. as it gets worse it will happen in every gear

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=23308.msg278838#msg278838 date=1272904571]
Time for an Exedy clutch :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Defo, exedy organic are the right job :thumbsup:

Well its not a €50 job but its not re-mortgage your house money either.

Shop around is your best bet, ask the traders for prices and weigh up your options man :thumbsup:

[quote author=swerv555 link=topic=23308.msg278889#msg278889 date=1272917453]
great :wall: sounds expensive :icon_confused:
[/quote]

your talking 5-600 euro for clutch and fitting depending on clutch

the joys of owning/running a scooby :subaru: just seems to be one thing after another at the moment :wall: had money put aside for whiteline goodies looks like its goin elsewhere :sad:

think the car is at the age now stuff like that starts to happen Merv, strange how the problem didnt happen every time tho ,

I know tommy , but being trying it myself since night meet seems to be happening everytime now , feckin 10yr old cars :boohoo:

my own yoke is the same at the moment!!!!
Dont know how long the clutch is going to last!!!!!!

Rebuild on the cards for next year (hopefully) if i can manage to get money together and nothing goes wrong in the mean time!!!!

what part of the country ya in lad?
I'll be gettin back to workin in the next couple of weeks so could stick one in for ya if ya wanted

cheers smokey and no offense meant , but too much invested in car to deal with non full member/trader. sorry. no offense meant

i couldn't really not take offence to it lad!
I've too much gone into my own to let any cowboy near em is why I'm the only one works on em!
if ya want a decent job done on it and not be robbed then give me a shout!

Back