What else change along with the timing belt?

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Alright folks,

Time has come to change the timing belt again on my type-r, it has almost 100,000mls on it. So just want some ideas as to what else would be a good idea to change at this service interval. I am going to get the following done regardless:

Timing belt
Ideller pulley
Power steering belt
Air-con belt

Other things i was considering were
Oil pump
Water Pump
Crank seals

Now the car is going a treat and has absolutly no problems with oil pressure, leaks, cooling or anything. But I am a good believer in prevention is better than cure when it come to the scooby. However i also no that if its not broke dont fix it.

Can anyone give me soe idea is it a good idea to do those extra bits aswell?

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Paddy

Awh yeah - thanks man!

Do you think is it a good idea to do the other 3 or not? Maybe if there is no problems there's no need....

I have no idea

Paddy

Yeah as Mark said, better off doing all the idler pulleys while your there.

how many miles on it?
when was the belt last changed?
when was the oil pump last changed?
when was the water pump last changed?

i'm like you in that "if it an'nt broke dont fix it" but it also depends how long and how many miles are on the parts

For the price of a water pump i'd just replace it anyway but as duffman said if there is a lot of mileage on the other parts then i'd change them too :thumbsup:

Hi lads,

There is 100k miles on car, 50k miles since the last belt change. Water pump/oil pump never changed before as there was never a problem with them. I think I will get the whole lot changed tbh just to be safe.

Thanks folks,

Rgds

Paddy

Back