Tire size

kanye west

Octane Boostaholics
Rear tires on the spec c have no E mark on them so will need a new set for the back to pass the NCT. There is 235/45/17 on them. My friend has a new Continental Contisport which is 225/45/17 so I could get another one online. Would the 10mm in width make much difference ? Or should I just get 2 new ones. They are the sti bbs rims. Thanks in Advance :thumbsup:

Not yet. Just got a puncture today and my friend mentioned it. So just wondering. Are the Continental any good either?

All four wheels should be identical fitting odd size tyres to the font and rear axles will create a rotational difference
that will in time damage your centre differential. Can you borrow a set to put it throught the test

It's only 10 mm in the width. The thickness of the tires is the same so the rotation would be the same no ?

The 45 is the height of the tyre expressed as a % of the width so the difference is about 5 mm and then take the wear factor of
your originals against new ones and the difference is even greater Subaru dont state a tolerance but dont recommend anything above
4 mm difference. If you look up a tyre calculator it will give you the rotational difference and show you what your tranny will have to dissapate the closer to zero the better.

Will have a look at the house tomorrow Gary have a load of tires there so will see if there is one that size. As above check the inside of the tire for the E mark as there probably directional tires and the mark is on the inside wall.

There's no panic anyway. Don't think the nct is due yet. It just put it in my head today when I got a puncture. I'll just buy two new tires as the one that are on it would be more of a cut slick and mightn't be the best it the rain. Thanks whyme u learn something new everyday. Cheers Patrick she'll need new tires soon enough anyway but thanks for the offer :xmas_cheers:

As above.

Would advise againest fitting mix and match SIZE tyres on a 4wd car.

Fit exact same size all round. Front two on spec c were brand new. think bridgestone re050 was put on. So recommend same to go on back..

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=23198.msg277569#msg277569 date=1272491670]
As above.

Would advise againest fitting mix and match SIZE tyres on a 4wd car.

Fit exact same size all round. Front two on spec c were brand new. think bridgestone re050 was put on. So recommend same to go on back..
[/quote]

sorry to crash thread but Dave would different tyre pattern matter also

Hello Gary,

I would fit the Ro-E 50's to the rear as well :thumbsup:

I have the front Ro-E 70's still here to send out to you :thumbsup:

You can keep these Ro-E 70's for the track...... Nice & Sticky :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Back