Noisey wrx engine

breno58

Petrolheads
Well lads ive noticed an awfull rattle coming from my wrx recently an not sure what it is :dontknow: im just hoping to god its not a big end issue :angry1:
Also the car isnt running properly and is not boosting proper at all its only going half as fast as it should be for some reason :icon_sad: anyways i took a little video of it to see if anyone can tell from the noise what exactly is going on? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Jic9V32Nc

That doesn't sound good. But I'm no expert. I'd get it checked by a mechanic ASAP and don't drive it another inch just encase.

Have the nct later tonight so need to bring it as ive been waiting forever for the bloody thing and not waiting another few months for another test but ill drive as slow as i can go and hope to god its ok

[quote author=breno58 link=topic=23192.msg277396#msg277396 date=1272467026]
Well lads ive noticed an awfull rattle coming from my wrx recently an not sure what it is :dontknow: im just hoping to god its not a big end issue :angry1:
Also the car isnt running properly and is not boosting proper at all its only going half as fast as it should be for some reason :icon_sad: anyways i took a little video of it to see if anyone can tell from the noise what exactly is going on? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Jic9V32Nc
[/quote]

Oh and the big loud bangs at the end weren't actually from the car was just the neighbours banging away

Just get someone who knows cars to have a listen, its hard to hear with the video really. :thumbsup:

Yea that video is fairly crappy alright man but i just hope someone might know from listening to it what the problem is so i can get it sorted asap, just dont want to drive it too much and have it die out on me along the side of the road somewhere

If your fearing it's a big end issue the last place you should bring it to is to them rough cunts in the nct center

Didnt bring it to the nct in the end cause when i was leaving to go i went to drive out of the garden and every time i put my foot on the accelerator it would die out so not gonna drive it at all till i get it sorted :angry1:

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=23192.msg277502#msg277502 date=1272485031]
better off lad, hopefull only something small
[/quote]

I wish it was only something small but my guess is its not but only time will tell

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=23192.msg277504#msg277504 date=1272485104]
Where ya situated?
[/quote]

The car is in my mates Shed in ballinasloe, Galway

I know the video is awfull quality ill try take a better one tomorrow and stick it up, it almost sounds like a tappet kinda rattle but doubt thats it as the car has virtually no power in it when i drive it which makes me think its something a lot worse than the tappets

Hey brian if you could have a look at my car id really appreciate it but only if its handy for you to get here wouldnt want you coming miles ya know :thumbsup:

Dunno man never really noticed ill have to check that tomorrow as way too late now the neighbours would kill me :lol:

it doesnt sound good man,if i was you idget on to one of the site traders to have a look at it, sti tuning, asd automotive etc...........

Back