ONLY going to 4000 pm

C

carlton

Hi I am haveing a problem with my 01 impreza wrx it wont go past 4000 rpm . I have tried cam sensors air filters/ gaskets and nothing has shown up .Has any one ever come across this problem or have any idea of what else to look for .

Thanks

Carlton :computer:

Get the ECU reset, Sounds like the Safety thing in the engine that stops it blowing up has kicked in, Not sure what it's called but Have heard of it happening. Hope that sorts it. :thumbsup:

I have a gems ECU so we took it out and put in the old ECU but the same thing is happening still . I think a sensor is gone in the car but haveing no luck tracking it down

Carlton

With the standard ECU in you should be able get it pluged in and see what fault code it is ?

happened me with 93 impreza jap problem was speedo was not working and the maf sensor also was gone changed them its fine now

It sounds as if it's gone into 'safe mode'.

As Damo said, if the standard ECU is back in, bring it to a Subaru garage and get it plugged into a diagnostic check  :thumbsup:

Alan.

Hopefully the mechanic will loook at today and something shows up if nothing shows up the the its back to the drawing board . I have herd that the dump valve sticking can also cause this how true this is i dont know but its worth a try .

Carlton

Thats what it's called "Safe mode" nice one Alan. I had a brain Fart yesterday. :doh:

[quote author=carlton 555 link=topic=2671.msg25267#msg25267 date=1182435248]
Hopefully the mechanic will loook at today and something shows up if nothing shows up the the its back to the drawing board . I have herd that the dump valve sticking can also cause this how true this is i dont know but its worth a try .

Carlton
[/quote]

yes that can happen if the dump valve is opening under boost. what make of DV have you got?

I have a forge dump valve only in about a 1 year .

Carlton

Hey Carlton Forge would normally be fine
(once you have the right spring fitted) ie. differen't colour springs
for different max boost pressure's .
Do you still have your standard one might be no harm to swap and see.

Anyway any word from your mechanic ???? let us know what the issue was when
she's sorted

Niall.

He rang me today and said there are three sensors showing up as faults . The map sensor the air flow meter and the coolant
temp so he is going to replace them . But I will ring him ans ask him about the dump valve .

Carlton

Might be worth checking one sensor at a time. Could be reading old faults or sometimes when sensor goes it could throw up another fault to but when that one is replaced both faults go. Happend me anyway.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2671.msg26484#msg26484 date=1183296939]
Might be worth checking one sensor at a time. Could be reading old faults or sometimes when sensor goes it could throw up another fault to but when that one is replaced both faults go. Happend me anyway.
[/quote]
As above, if old faults are not cleared they will show up again. Why waste money on parts you may not need... As someone else said do one at a time.

Changed the sensors on the car that were showing faults but still no joy . Car is now gone to ryans in littletown they would like to put all the origional parts back on her and start from scratch .This includes removal of K and n filter ,dump valve ,down pipes etc and put the buttter fly valves back in from the air intake which were removed by my macanich as they can somtimes give trouble . I am now starting to get worried as the car is off the road for 8 weeks and has been in three diffrent places and no one seem to be able to fix this problem . help

Back