Sticking clutch pedal.

Derek type ra

Petrolheads
My clutch pedal is sticking, if i compress it in when im changing gear and release the pedal only comes back about half way and have to give it a little pull with my foot and it pops out fully then. What is causing this?

I'm thinking clutch fluid!
Make sure she's full and pump the bejesus out off her, (tee hee, that sounds rude)
Just check and linkage in the foot well, make sure there are no obstructions!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23138.msg276864#msg276864 date=1272317283]
I'm thinking clutch fluid!
Make sure she's full and pump the bejesus out off her, (tee hee, that sounds rude)
Just check and linkage in the foot well, make sure there are no obstructions!
Dan
[/quote]

LOL cool where does the clutch fluid go i take it there is a reservoir of some sort? Cheers for the help.

Mine does the same from time to time!!!!

clutch doesnt slip or anything!!!!! its almost like its supposed to do it!
I have checked everything i can think of but everything seems to be in order!!! :dontknow:

Could be the master cylinder, had to change it on my sti and have have the same prob with the wrx.

or it could be that little spring in the clutch, id that prob aswell, after a new clutch was fitted, the spring he fitted wasnt strong enough or something.

There should be a resevior on the firewall,
Best of luck man!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23138.msg276886#msg276886 date=1272319466]
There should be a resevior on the firewall,
Best of luck man!
Dan
[/quote]
Right beside the intercooler. :thumbsup:

I've had this problem before and adding clutch fluid wont fix it.

You need to bleed the clutch system, but this has to be done from the slave cylinder. and the slave cylinder has to be unbolted and turned upside down to bleed it. Its a bit tricky :thumbsup:

Back