Engine Start Up

hego

Sunday Drivers
hello all,
went out this morning and started to car to let it warm up, when it started first, it blew a bit of blue smoke out, so i turned it off and checked oil which is fine, coolant is good but in the tank by the rad it was at low so topped it up and started it again no blue smoke
i've never seen it do it, was just for a second, any ideas please?
bloody withered at this stage haha

bump!
would anyone know about the PCV or EGR its to the left of alternator as looking into the engine bay under the cover. meant to burn excess smoke back into the engine. could this be it please?

i wouldnt worry about it.probably a litte bit of oil gettin into the the exhaust

if its not happening all the time dont worry about

AFAIK as with any turbo car , a small bit of blue smoke on start up is normal , if it continues after start up youve got a problem ,

cool, it doesn't just every now and again. its grand i have faith in this engine lol! thanks all

still gettin use to these subarus, every noise scares me haha. now just have sort out some stupid damage my neighbour did to it! ruined the door idiot!!!!

foreign! no insurance, pri*k. fucked him out of it. can't do much.
car needs a detail anyway, so going to get that fixed and compound and polish.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=23117.msg286133#msg286133 date=1275502944]
Report him for no insurance anyway.
[/quote]

i agree,

we dont pay insurance for some foeigner to hit us and we take the bill

Report him for no insurance
Dont worry about a small bit of blue smoke unless its getting to be a regular thing!!!!

Back