changing o1 front to 03-04 front

S

shane555

:subaru:hi new member how are you all
im interested in peoples experiences in changing the fronts from old to new models .i would imagine the front panel might need to be changed but do the other parts fit on existing holes
found site by accident ,the history of the models and pics are great

talk to you all soon

Hi Shane, welcome along :thumbsup: I imagine that it would be a straight swap, but wait a while for a definitive answer from someone with more technical knowledge than me.

Enjoy the site and our club forum :cheers:

Paulo

thanks for all your feed back guys, cant wait to put this car back on the road ,what a sound from the engine,has anyone any idea where would be a good place to source
second hand parts
i need rads and some rear suspension parts too

[quote author=shane555 link=topic=2660.msg24975#msg24975 date=1182271473]
where would be a good place to source second hand parts

[/quote]

One of our club sponsors, STi Tuning often have secondhand parts, scan their forum section or talk to DaveLegacy.... or try McKeevers in the North (number is often posted here - use the search facility) or Euro Auto Salvage - their website is listed here:

www.isdc.ie/links.htm

has anyone out there any front parts for sale for a oo bug eye bonnet,lights,bumper,wing
just in case i have no luck in finding a newer front--not having much luck so far
i also need pass/rear door and dr/side rear suspension arms and hub

Only thing with doing what your looking to do is the car will look like two different cars stock together :ponder:. It'll be impossible to resell down the line, its hard enough to sell a strate car :eek:mg:. Everyone to there own though. Welcome along. Let us Know how you get on. :thumbsup: :subaru:

:wall:i know what you mean ,that has crossed my mind too,thats why i was asking you guys your opinion
you would be more on the pulse of what is happening out there impreza wise.
it was something that was suggested to me by a spare part supplier and it sounded interesting
but by the luck i am having with parts so far i would be happy with 00-01 parts
at this stage!

Shane check out page 6 in subaru for sale section,MYOO with 03 front loos very well,try and track down member he had car converted himself

thanks for that dave i have viewed it already the silver one,looks great ,i wont have any problems actually doing the job (im in the motor trade 20 years)
but i dont seem to be able to source the parts,i have emailed numerous parts suppliers in the uk and ireland,mc keevers,up north can get the parts
new but they are serious money .i will keep looking for a while more but i may eng up leaving front the same,but thats not a disaster they still look
great
by the way i have seen a replacement front headlight light which has a cluster effect do these replacement lights usually fit ok and is there much
wiring involved ,i thought it might jazz the front up a bit(are the pro drive lights?}

Back