Tein topmounts & Cusco coilovers

sligo_dave

Petrolheads
Hope someone can help. Im wondering can Tein topmounts be used with Cusco coilovers? :ponder2: its on v5 sti currently with pillowball topmounts but cant find replacement Cuscos anywhere. any help appreciated.

[quote author=sean typer link=topic=23070.msg276202#msg276202 date=1272053904]
Yes,thats what i have on mine,could not find cusco topmounts either :thumbsup:
[/quote]

thanks for reply sean. :thumbsup:
so direct swap with no issues?

Should be no issue's. Parts AFAIK are built to suit the car so as long as they are the one's for your car they should go straight on.

is it fronts, rears or all 4 you are changin?
I've a pair of rears that were replaced with cusco ones and but that's not what was causing the problem the car had!
whats your issue yoo're having with yours out of curiousity?

need to replace the fronts. its knocking in the mounting and can see the play in it. ive also an occasional knock thats coming from rear that i thought was same issue but it was checked over and given a clean bill of health. never found out what it is but its nothing that i can find in suspension even tho it sounds like it is!! :ponder2: any idea whats causing your issue?

thats exactly why i've these ere the knockin sounded fairly bad in it so we just changed the top mounts but after it was still the same but after a few evenings of rootin at it i just tried tightening up the coilovers a small bit and that fixed it! i think it was just a turn or two! not enough to raise it but it fixed the knockin!

[quote author=smokey wrx link=topic=23070.msg276447#msg276447 date=1272191319]
thats exactly why i've these ere the knockin sounded fairly bad in it so we just changed the top mounts but after it was still the same but after a few evenings of rootin at it i just tried tightening up the coilovers a small bit and that fixed it! i think it was just a turn or two! not enough to raise it but it fixed the knockin!
[/quote]

ill try that and see what happens. amazing how the simpliest things can fix problems!! :thumbsup:

Back