Injector Removal 95 WRX

99db

Hi Guys, how do I remove the injectors, do they just pull out, screw, or is their a sepcial tool required, tks 99db

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

The plan is to get them reconditioned in the hope to drop my o2 levels for the NCT, there currently .09 and should be under .03, should it help a little?

they just pull out.

but they wont do anything for your c02 levels for the nct

:thumbsup:
I thought having a finer spray would help burn the petrol better thus reducing o2, is there something else I should be looking at?

Yea the cat's still there, I changed it the last time for the nct and it made no difference, there's also a new o2 sensor...i've failed about 5 times on the emmissions, tried nearly everything at this stage..

o2 sensor, MAF, CAT and fuel will have the biggest impact on emmissions.

Would also help if the car was recently serviced as new plugs, air filter and fuel filter will also help a little :thumbsup:

Try use E5 with some dipitane added in, but also get someone with Diagnostics to check the O2 sensor and MAF are working correctly :thumbsup:

the cat could be fooked, did you heat up the cat before going to the nct as the cat wont work unless its hot.

there is a small black round tank about the size of a can of coke at the front of the engine on the left, just beside the top rad hose, make sure the two black pipes are ok going into the top of the tank as this helps with emissions

It had about 30 minutes hard driving before the last nct, I presume the cat would be warm at that stage, I'll have a look at the can of coke after work.. tks :thumbsup:

just the o2, I think they have to be under .03 and mine was .09, it passed on everything else. Is there a way to temporary drop the o2

As above, you can try dipitane, but that wont help if your 02 sensor is faulty :thumbsup:

Back