2 questions on a 99 legacy B4

garrethk

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys
Heres a weird one i fitted a powertec induction kit (the steel type) to my 99 B4. I failed the NCT on emissions so i brought it to mcnameras where they told me its the lambda. So after a 5 week wait from japan i got it fit and then they tell me the induction kit causes the lambda and air flow meter to break down (info from caroll and roche)....this i cant see how? thanks for bearing with me guys thats me first question here my second.. when i floor it in second at 2000 revs the car stalls and rev needle sticks and makes a noise like a plastic bag ratteling then 2 seconds later the car just lifts off and is at 7000 revs .. any ideas what is happening it only happens about 3 times a week and only when induction kit is in it wont happen with factory induction box, the most important thing is am i doing damage to it? :dontknow:

P.s car is not mapped to induction and their is not a plastic bag stuck in induction! :icon_grin: Cheers guys any help much appreciated

Your induction kit is what caused you to fail emissions on the nct, had the same problem myself and had to put the standard airbox back on, sent it back to be re-tested and passed. Unless you have the car mapped with the induction kit I wouldn't go near the nct :thumbsup:

I'd leave the standard box back on for the time being just in case. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with the second question :thumbsup:

dump that induction kit straight off, to be blunt their absolute shite. NO induction kit should be put on your car unless your going to map for it, B4's especially are very sensitive to airflow...that thing is not improving your performance , if anything it makes it worse as your going to be suffering heat soak from the engine(taking in hot air).
Second point is way did you wait 5 weeks for a lambda who did you order it through?

Cheers lads :icon_pray: ordered it through noel @ caroll and roche...belgium was out so i had to go the japan route...i luv d sound of it though so i might take it out :icon_sad:

Any suggestions for a nice exhaust dat is not loud but has a nice rumble?...id sacrifice the induction sound for that :thumbsup:

Text replied mate :thumbsup: .. perfect rumble from it but nowhere near loud enough to blow the neighbours house down :lol:

Back