Cleaning the Car

Aaron

Petrolheads
im gonna head of to tralee this sunday to halfords to buy all the cleaning stuff for my new car.. http://img88.yfrog.com/i/img0378qz.jpg/

Can anyone help me with what i need to buy? For the Paint & Alloys

I would hand wash every weekend shampoo/wax and i guess polish/wax it every month not sure really what the drill is to keep the blue paint from going dull.. never had to look after a blue car before.

I ready have the 2 buckets and a mitt so its just the cleaning products i need help with..
i lookin at the halford website i was thinking of getting these.... http://www.halfords.ie

Meguiars Nxt Generation Metal Polysh
Turtlewax Extreme Wash/Wax (for washing each weekend)
Turtlewax Extreme Paste Car Wax ( do it once a month)
Meguiars Super Thick Microfibre Car Wash Mitt
Turtlewax Extreme Wheel Cleaner

or just buy this only..

Turtlewax Deluxe Valeting Car Kit

Any advise would be great! what to keep the Blue Paint shining...

Turtlewax stuff is crap. I find meguiars soft wash gel or zymol the best for daily washing. Tar removal is up to yourself-but only do one panel at a time as tar removal products contain acids. Meguiars scratch X for swirl marks and haze. Meguiars clay bar will leave your paint like glass and meguiars tech wax 2.0 to finish. Failing all the meguiars stuff-auto glym do a great range too. I won a show and shine many years ago at heatwave using their products.

I find meguiars is the best stuff. Get the car wash/tex polish and then the clay kit and you car will be spotless :thumbsup:

For value for money if you are getting all of that at once go onto camskill.co.uk and they sell all that much cheaper than halfords especially when you are buying it all at once and they basically do next day delivery.

Havea look on the site and see what you want..lots of product to choose from :thumbsup:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=22863.msg273954#msg273954 date=1271271662]
I find meguiars is the best stuff. Get the car wash/tex polish and then the clay kit and you car will be spotless :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Whats the clay kit for??

Good wash technique to avoid inflicting anymore swirls marks on the car. Clay the car after you've washed it, best value for money is AG super resin polish which will mask most of the swirls on the car and follow it up with a good wax to seal the car. Meg's #16 or similar of halfords have it. Wash the car then every weekend and use a quick detailer after to avoid any nasty water spots being left on the car. Then top up the wax protection with another layer once a month or every 6 weeks or so.. Clay the car again in approx 6 months, sooner if its kept near tree etc..

To permanently remove swirls and hazing that is currently on the car it will have to be machine polished to restore the paint...

Get a good wax at good value like the number 16 or a collinite wax, don't waste your time or money on the likes of the meg's step 3 wax, its a pile of p!ss..

Back