STI (571) on reg plates?

F

forester sti

Alright lads,
I went to quite a bit of trouble to get a specific licence plate number that ends with 571 and luckily it worked out! My question is, Does anyone know where I can get plates made up to make the 571 look a bit more like STI, while remaining reasonably legal?
I live in sallins, Co.Kildare, Thanx
Dan :subaru:

Attachments

• ciara in bath damage to silver car and new car 024.jpg
    ciara in bath damage to silver car and new car 024.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 108
congrats dan.a beauty of a wagon.rare as rockin horse sh*t too.

im afraid in answer to your question if its not exactly the was they all are then it is deemed illegal

yeah rad services will do one for you....every type and style catered for, they are in rutland place at the top of o' connell street just off parnell sq...ph 01 8740626

It's hard to get it that it would be legal. Mick SpecC as the same as yourself and has been looking around to get that done but hasn't yet.

Thanx for your help and comments lads,
I'll let you know how I get on!! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't post pictures of my reg on the web for one...firstly someone could have a stolen sti forrester just like yours and duplicate the plates..or you could of listed your mods and make of alarm etc etc etc..probably sound like a pedantic pr!ck here but your drawing attention to your reg with the title of this thread

Yup, agree with Dave. What's the difference with people seeing it on your car every day and seeing it on a computer?

As for the reg plate, anything different from your standard plate is deemed illegal. If you want to check anything go into your local VRT office and ask them for the sheet about the restrictions on reg plates. I presume a Garda staion should have them too. You could just put a space inbetween the 4 and the 5 to make the 571 stand out more but legally you can't alter the font etc.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=2635.msg24735#msg24735 date=1182159775]
i used to think like that but sure anyone could take down your reg as you drive by...

[/quote]

yeah i suppose but there could be other info from previous posts..ie your location, your mods etc..and most importantly your alarm model..better to be safe i reckon ..

Best bet might be to get a pair made up with the 571 looking like STI and just use them for car shows, trackdays etc.?????

(RE: pics of reg plates on the net.)
Good point!! I never thought of that! but are the pictures on the site just visable to members? and what a trust worthy bunch we are :D
I do appreiciate your advise and concern Dagnut!
I'll ring rad place tomorrow, and see how I get on!
Thanx again lads.
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=2635.msg24847#msg24847 date=1182198180]
(RE: pics of reg plates on the net.)
Good point!! I never thought of that! but are the pictures on the site just visable to members?
[/quote]

If this was posted in the members chat area you would be right there Dan, but this thread is in the general technical area, available for everyone to see.

Back